Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/17/11: Baby Bears @ Reds (ie "Reds go for sweep" or "Edinson looks for consistancy"

5/17/11: Baby Bears @ Reds (ie "Reds go for sweep" or "Edinson looks for consistancy"

CF, Stubbs
    SS, Janish
    1b, Votto
    2b, Phillips
    RF, Bruce
    3b, Rolen
    LF, Lewis
    C, Hernandez
    P, Voltron

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 5/17/11: Baby Bears @ Reds (ie "Reds go for sweep" or "Edinson looks for consista

An East to West weather pattern looks like things will be dicey from about opening pitch till about 10:00. I don't know if it will be light enough to get things going or not, but probably not a good night to be sitting in the ballpark if they even have a game. Of course, it was weather similar to this that proceeded a solid outing from Tom Browning some years ago along with a lengthy delay. Perhaps this is the thing that Edinson needs to get in line.

Re: 5/17/11: Baby Bears @ Reds (ie "Reds go for sweep" or "Edinson looks for consista

Oh well, at least if we lose this one, maybe Dusty will stop thinking that Janish batting #2 is some kind of good luck charm. Other than that, the lineup looks good.

I have to say, I'm very pessemistic about this game. Hopefully Edison can find himself.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I have to say, I'm very pessemistic about this game. Hopefully Edison can find himself.
    You think the light bulb will go on for him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I'm looking at the radar loop, and man...it's UGLY. I can't remember too many times when the rain comes from the east. That's weird.

I read the thread title real quick and thought it said Volquez looking for continency. Seemed counterproductive to the claimed usage of the banned substance last year. Glad I misread that
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Well done. Way to make excellent use of a typo. :O)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    good one Chip..
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    good one Chip..
    Wouldn't have worked if you hadn't left out the "n". :O)

Dusty fills out a lineup card way too superstitiously. The fact that he won't move Janish out of the 2 hole because we've won four in a row despite is absolutely indefensible. Paul Janish has a .275 OBP and a .579 OPS. Hitting in front of the MVP. UGH. Absolutely pathetic.

(Queue the Janish 2 for 4 night).

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Dusty fills out a lineup card way too superstitiously. The fact that he won't move Janish out of the 2 hole because we've won four in a row despite is absolutely indefensible. Paul Janish has a .275 OBP and a .579 OPS. Hitting in front of the MVP. UGH. Absolutely pathetic.

(Queue the Janish 2 for 4 night).
    Not anymore. You just unjinxed the jinx.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

I like Dusty (I feel I need to throw that disclaimer in there) but he just doesn't get it when it comes to constructing lineups. Why Janish in the two-hole? Yes, there is no logical explanation. Fred Lewis should clearly be batting second, Ramon should be batting seventh and Janish should be batting eighth. How can Dusty possibly not see this? He bats one of his best hitters eighth and one of his worst second? Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    I like Dusty (I feel I need to throw that disclaimer in there) but he just doesn't get it when it comes to constructing lineups. Why Janish in the two-hole? Yes, there is no logical explanation. Fred Lewis should clearly be batting second, Ramon should be batting seventh and Janish should be batting eighth. How can Dusty possibly not see this? He bats one of his best hitters eighth and one of his worst second? Nice.
    The only thing I can think of is that Dusty likes the sac bunt so much and with Stubbs getting on base almost half the time here recently Janish is the perfect guy to bunt him over so Joey can knock him in.Not that I agree but that's the only reasonable thing I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Maybe he thinks he is going to need Janish to hit because he is the main SS for the rest of the year so since he feels Rolen isn't ready to go back to fourth he puts Janish there so he sees mostly fastballs while hitting in front of Votto. And that could get him back to respectability before he moves him back to 8th? Especially since Phillips is killing it at 4 for time being so he is in no rush to move Rolen up?

Maybe? And this coming from the biggest non-Janish supporter on the board (me, not you).......
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Ball one
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?