Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Reds have to beat Cleveland

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

The Reds have to beat Cleveland

No not because it is the end of the season if they don't, but because I have a bunch of buddies up north that will not let me live it down if they don't! LETS GO RED LEGS! BEAT THE TRIBE!
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Reds have to beat Cleveland

With our luck with the Pirates and the previous must thread, we might be better off starting one saying "it doesn't matter if we get our tails kicked six ways to Saturday" and see if that changes things.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Cleveland Indians fans = the ultimate bandwagon hoppers on all of sports

In March, even in Cleveland, you couldn't find a soul who gave that team a second thought. Now it's like that scene from Major League where people walk down the streets and high-five each other, and nuns are hugging punk rockers after Indians wins.

Seriously Cleveland ...

For a Level Playing Field

I have a bet with an Indians fan that works at my place of employment... $5 to the team that takes 2 out of 3. $10 if one team sweeps.

I have made the same bet twice with a Brewers fan here and I am up $15 so far. Not big $$, but makes it more interesting. Thank goodness there are no Pirates fans here!!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Glad to see this thread, since the parallel thread for Pittsburgh worked out so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Cleveland Indians fans = the ultimate bandwagon hoppers on all of sports

In March, even in Cleveland, you couldn't find a soul who gave that team a second thought. Now it's like that scene from Major League where people walk down the streets and high-five each other, and nuns are hugging punk rockers after Indians wins.

Seriously Cleveland ...
    When I lived in Cleveland Tribe tickets were untouchable. On the flip side you couldn't give away Cavs tickets. Bet you can't guess when that was.

You are correct, Clevelanders are ridiculous band wagon fans. They will claim otherwise but the numbers in the stands don't lie. Let's give them a reason to wish they were still staying home.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    You are correct, Clevelanders are ridiculous band wagon fans. They will claim otherwise but the numbers in the stands don't lie. Let's give them a reason to wish they were still staying home.
    Relative to the Indians and Cavs, YES! Relative to the Browns, NO WAY! And I am not a Browns fan. But good or bad, they are some of the most loyal fans in sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Glad to see this thread, since the parallel thread for Pittsburgh worked out so well.
    The other thread was "Reds have..." this one is "The Reds have..." having the "the" before "Reds" will make all the difference. Plus in this one Cleveland is spelled correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Relative to the Indians and Cavs, YES! Relative to the Browns, NO WAY! And I am not a Browns fan. But good or bad, they are some of the most loyal fans in sports.
    The Browns are a different matter, though. They are very much a regional draw while the Cavs and Indians have a smaller geographical sphere of influence.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    The other thread was "Reds have..." this one is "The Reds have..." having the "the" before "Reds" will make all the difference. Plus in this one Cleveland is spelled correctly.
    This is exactly what I was thinking when I wrote the thread title

I bet a bottle of Glenlivet that the Reds outscore the Indians head to head this season.

I'm really worried about it now. The Tribe can throw up some crooked numbers in a hurry.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Senor Votto

Great another jinx

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Beat me to it.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Great another jinx
    you guys Cubs Fans?

I'm thinking of starting a thread this weekend titled, "The Reds Have To Lose To The Phillies"
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Turn Off Ads?