Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saturday 5/21/2011 minor league update

-The Insider-

Saturday 5/21/2011 minor league update

Dontrelle takes the mound in Norfolk. The D-Train returns after missing his last start due to a groin injury.

Thompson looks to get the Mudcats two wins in a row for the first time in a long time.

J.C. Sulbaran faces off against Modesto

and last but not least Josh Smith gets the nod tonight in Dayton.

In other news, Mudcats first baseman Naftali Soto was activated off the 7-day disabled list. Outfielder Kyle Day was released to make room.
    Also, Blaze right-handed pitcher Ruben Medina was placed on the 7-day disabled list yesterday.

Play ball!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Friday 5/21/2011 minor league update

So campbell's day off yesterday was a rest day then, no promotion?

-The Insider-

Re: Saturday 5/21/2011 minor league update

Not that I've read. I haven't talked to anyone but I don't think anything's gong on.

-The Insider-

Dontrelle faces off against Rick VandenHurk. Two former Marlin teammates. I wish I were there.

-The Insider-

Also just read on Baseball America that catcher Chase Weems was released sometime this week. I don't believe I've seen it posted on here yet.

-The Insider-

Rojas was just popped in the jaw trying to backhand a grounder. He stayed in the game though. 2-0 Lookouts top 5

-The Insider-

Wow. Then Jas-Man just made a diving stop up the middle and flipped it to Puckett to end the inning.

-The Insider-

Eric Davis is making an apperance

Bats get 1 run in the 1st.

I'm not going to be able to cover the Bats game, if someone else would like to step in.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    Bats get 1 run in the 1st.

I'm not going to be able to cover the Bats game, if someone else would like to step in.
    Rule 76, no excuses, play like a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Wow. Then Jas-Man just made a diving stop up the middle and flipped it to Puckett to end the inning.
    Cinreds: Since Rojas started playing in the States, we've been hearing that his glove is big-league, arguably the best in the system. Have you seen enough to agree or disagree with that?

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Cinreds: Since Rojas started playing in the States, we've been hearing that his glove is big-league, arguably the best in the system. Have you seen enough to agree or disagree with that?
    I like him. But a scout wasn't that big of a fan. I can't remember exactly what he said, but I believe it was his defensive approach. Maybe like how he charges a ball or sits back on it. I can't remember which one.

The VSL Reds won today 14-4. Seventeen-year-old SS Geraldo (not Humberto) Valor, who yesterday had three hits and some extra bases, today went 2 for 4 with a 2B.

In the FWIW category, a lefty reliever for the Reds named Joher Cardera, who pitched a perfect eighth inning, is 16.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    I like him. But a scout wasn't that big of a fan. I can't remember exactly what he said, but I believe it was his defensive approach. Maybe like how he charges a ball or sits back on it. I can't remember which one.
    Interesting. First caveat I've heard on Rojas--other than his hitting, of course. Thanks.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Interesting. First caveat I've heard on Rojas--other than his hitting, of course. Thanks.
    Same here. No problem.

Turn Off Ads?