Thread: 5/22/11 - Reds vs Indians

Re: 5/22/11 - Reds vs Indians

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    So....Harvey IS on the roster?
    Rimshot please.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    On to Philly. Lee pitched yesterday and Oswalt today, so we won't get those two.

Harvey is not on the roster.
    Got Hamel tomorrow. A TBA for game #2. But we then face Holiday, and I think Lee in game #4.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Got Hamel tomorrow. A TBA for game #2. But we them face Holiday, and I think Lee in game #4.
    Don't need to go west to have a crappy road trip. Yikes.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Got Hamel tomorrow. A TBA for game #2. But we then face Holiday, and I think Lee in game #4.
    Gotta figure Kyle Kendrick in game 2.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Not only does this pitcher (Josh Judy) have 2 first names but one of them is a girls name.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

I was encouraged by the line drives today, signs of the offensive slump ending very soon, if not over.

Volquez just solidified his standing as our 5th starter, at best.

Jordan Smith has the same problem all the Reds pitchers have had this season: can't seem to find the bottom half of the zone. Not sure why it is affecting the whole staff, but it has. I keep on hoping it is a prolonged slump and not just off seasons. Time will tell.

Conclusions about the Indians: what the heck is that? I am sure this will spawn many "oh, the Indians are for real, I could see it coming," but seriously, today was a blowout game, the first two games just hard to swallow.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

The cards game has turned into a dogfight and they're into their pen so hopefully today will only represent a hard to watch missed opportunity or the reds.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    The cards game has turned into a dogfight and they're into their pen so hopefully today will only represent a hard to watch missed opportunity or the reds.
    Going into the Philly series, the Reds are 2.5 games behind the Cards and only 1 game ahead of the Brewers. The Cards are heading to San Diego to play the Padres who only scored two runs while being swept by the Ms. Then they head to play the Rockies The Brewers play the Nats and Giants before a head to head with the Reds.

This next week has the potential to dramatically impact the central division standings and the Reds could find themselves squarely in third place if they continue in their funk. They don't "have" to win right now but if they don't, in a week and a half, they could actually be several games out of second place...

It's "man up" time.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I don't see them winning more than two games on this trip.

Turn Off Ads?