Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/22/11 - Reds vs Indians

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Re: 5/22/11 - Reds vs Indians

Great goodness. Why don't they just give the whole freaking series to the flipping Indians and shut down for the season. I've given up on this club doing anything this year. Where last year was perfect chemistry, this year is chemistry gone bad.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    Thanks Ramon for two high throws = 2 runs
    Looks like he lost his release point. Ramon is supposed to be having an effect on Volquez, but it looks like its the other way around.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Great goodness. Why don't they just give the whole freaking series to the flipping Indians and shut down for the season. I've given up on this club doing anything this year. Where last year was perfect chemistry, this year is chemistry gone bad.
    You get upset when people claim you're negative. You just gave up on the season on May 22nd. With the team in 2nd place. Just saying.

Ooooooglay
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Volquez has no clue what he's doing out there.

Thank goodness the Cubs threw the ball around against the Reds or we would be looking at more than a 4 or 5 game losing streak.

If I were the opposing manager, I would give all my hitters the take sign until they had a strike against Volquez. He's that bad.

*Missing Josh Hamilton*

Volquez should be removed from the rotation.

He hasn't been good since he came back from surgery.

He should go down to the minors and start getting his command back.

Reds must think they are the 1927 Yankees. They seem very reluctant to change things that aren't working.

LeCure and Smith will likely get work in with the way Volquez is throwing this inning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Volquez should be removed from the rotation.

He hasn't been good since he came back from surgery.

He should go down to the minors and start getting his command back.

Reds must think they are the 1927 Yankees. They seem very reluctant to change things that aren't working.
    And you have to wonder how much of his '08 season was based on PED use. You know, considering he was busted for PED use by MLB in '09.

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Back to back walks to a couple of terrible hitters. Maddening.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    You get upset when people claim you're negative. You just gave up on the season on May 22nd. With the team in 2nd place. Just saying.
    You're right. That was an emotional remark that should not have been made. But I get so tired of watching the same old show from Volquez time after time after time. He puts this club in horrible situations every start and then has to depend on the offense to bail the club out. He also puts strain on the bullpen. And yet, Dusty and Price continue to roll him out there every fifth day. I think that the errors are players trying to reach to stop the runs and maybe have a chance to win the game, but regardless, as a long-time Reds fan, how can so much potential go wasted and how can those in charge not make corrections?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    And you have to wonder how much of his '08 season was based on PED use. You know, considering he was busted for PED use by MLB in '09.
    Lots of guys use PED's to come back quicker from injury. Impossible to say since if he was using in 08 since he didn't get busted before 2009, you know?

Not to make any excuses for Ramon's throws, but don't you think the guys behind Volquez press just a little on defense, knowing that he needs all the help he can get to erase baserunners, etc.? Add in the fact that it really sucks trying to stay on your toes on defense while the guy pitching doesn't have a clue how to throw strikes.

Marson helps Volquez out and grounds out on the 1st pitch to end the inning.

Turn Off Ads?