Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/22/11 - Reds vs Indians

Re: 5/22/11 - Reds vs Indians

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    So seriously...predict the roster move that will be made in 24 hours.
    Johnny Gomes will be the everyday starter starting tomorrow in Philly; Edinson Volquez will make his next start Friday night in Atlanta.

Rinse.

Repeat.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Isn't that pretty much what Walt said though? IIRC his main points were limited budget and a lot of young players who should improve from within. I think he also referenced a return to health from EV as his plan for the top of the rotation.
    The Reds handed out a lot of money this offseason. I just think it is a bit unfair to especially label Walt with a small market mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Johnny Gomes will be the everyday starter starting tomorrow in Philly; Edinson Volquez will make his next start Friday night in Atlanta.

Rinse.

Repeat.
    A good possibility no doubt.

Volquez found the on switch.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Gomes will start tomorrow in LF. Hamels is slated to pitch. Normally, I'd like that move, now I'm not sure he can hit lefties anymore either. Too messed up in the head.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

So seriously...predict the roster move that will be made in 24 hours.
    Jordan Smith sent down to Louisville. Dontrelle Willis called up and added to the bullpen. With Sam LeCure likely seeing significant action today, the Reds will need to add someone who can throw multiple innings in relief.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    He'll always does..........

after the 1st, and 4 runs later
    I'm not sure if this post was prophetic....or predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    They will be lucky to be over .500 after this road trip. Especially the way they are playing right now.

Or maybe this is just more of random variance?

Either way, it's too nice of a day to waste it watching this garbage.
    Maybe so, but I'm not going to hit the panic button over a stretch of lousy play in May. I believe this team learned a lot from its run last year. I also believe in our GM and his track record of dealing from a point of strength. We're not the organization we were 3-4 years ago with little to no hand to play with.

The Reds handed out a lot of money this offseason. I just think it is a bit unfair to especially label Walt with a small market mentality.
    The Reds didn't improve. They won a division and didn't make a single significant off-season addition. That's a recipe for disaster. When you are good, you try to be great. The Reds didn't.

It takes a lot to be great. You need to sign your guys. You need to fill your weak spots by adding players. The Reds did half the job. But overall they were too passive.

And to answer your previous post, I was loud and clear about this all off-season. Nobody was more outspoken than me about the Reds' passive off-season.

I don't know. Isn't that what small markets do? He locked up his own in their pre-arb years, added years to aging guys for some relief this season and signed a couple scrap heap vets as his only addition of outside talent when the team is in position to go for it.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I don't know. Isn't that what small markets do? He locked up his own in their pre-arb years, added years to aging guys for some relief this season and signed a couple scrap heap vets as his only addition of outside talent when the team is in position to go for it.
    I would argue the Reds acted like a mid-market team. Specifically Bruce and Arroyo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    The Reds didn't improve. They won a division and didn't make a single significant off-season addition. That's a recipe for disaster. When you are good, you try to be great. The Reds didn't.

It takes a lot to be great. You need to sign your guys. You need to fill your weak spots by adding players. The Reds did half the job. But overall they were too passive.

And to answer your previous post, I was loud and clear about this all off-season. Nobody was more outspoken than me about the Reds' passive off-season.
    The budget is what it is I'm not sure how much you think they could have added.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

Why is it believed that the offseason is the only time a team can improve?

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Gomes will start tomorrow in LF. Hamels is slated to pitch. Normally, I'd like that move, now I'm not sure he can hit lefties anymore either. Too messed up in the head.
    His OPS against lefties this year is over 1.000 and is approaching .900 for his career.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    The Tribe playing ridiculously over their heads.

Getting all the calls. All the breaks.

I'll enjoy their regression when it happens.

This series and road trip cannot be over soon enough.
    With a win today, the tribe could play .500 ball the rest of the season and have close to 90 wins. Won't take much more than that to win their division.

Turn Off Ads?