Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Huge Tornado hits Joplin, MO; MASSIVE DAMAGE

Huge Tornado hits Joplin, MO; MASSIVE DAMAGE

It's devastating.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Huge Tornado hits Joplin, MO; MASSIVE DAMAGE

Weather Channel says Doctors, Nurses, Fire, Police needed in Joplin.

Very sad. I have family that lives in Joplin and Neosho. Fortunately, they're ok, but so many aren't.

The saddest part is the hospital got hit. Hard. And now, there is a risk the entire hospital could blow up due to chemical leaks.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Joplin Walmart after Tornado

Missouri has been hit hard this year by tornadoes. I just fear that with this storm, there are going to be a lot of people who lost their lives. My thoughts are with the people of Joplin.

Wow. That's a shocking amount of damage.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

My God.

I drove through a tornado today in Northwest Indiana, and was honestly fearing for my life. I had to pull over to the side of the road, say a prayer, and gather myself. I was shaking. Technology saved me. I was going to sit there and wait out the storm, but I looked up what city I was in on my droid, pulled up the radar for the city, and saw a ridiculous red spot. However, I knew that if I carried on, I would pass it in about 20 miles. I've never gripped the wheel so tight in my life. I snapped a couple pictures, I will try to post tomorrow.

We were in KC this weekend, with a family from Joplin. Luckily they got no damage sicne their farm is south of where it hit. Latest news is something like 89 dead, over 2000 injured.
    Last edited by foxfire123; 05-23-2011 at 11:17 PM.

There are reports that this tornado was an F5 and was about a mile wide.

On the news this morning, they said the tornado was 3/4 mile wide and reached speeds of 198.

This is pretty sad to watch. My wife grew up there and knows plenty of families who lost their homes. Fortunately, her family is ok.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Turn Off Ads?