Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 5/23/11 - Reds at Phillies

Re: 5/23/11 - Reds at Phillies

Hamels struggling with location all night. Should have had 4 to 5 BB by now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wonder if that long sit on the bench messed with Hamels.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Make this crap in LF stop.

And eventually people will accept Bruce as a streak hitter, and overall a really good player.
    I think most accept him as a really good player, but he has been somewhat streaky over the last 2 seasons. Some pretty bad months and some really good ones. If he can be more consistent over the rest of the year he should be able to shake it.

Jose Bautista hit HR number 19.

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    I understand the reasoning, but I'd like to see the evidence. It just seems like the chances of a big inning would be greater when you have a string of Stubbs, Phillips, Votto, Rolen and Bruce than when there are rest periods in between for the pitcher.
    Well according to batting order calculators, switching Votto and the pitcher should result in an extra 12 runs scored over the course of a full season. That would be around one win. Switching Janish and Lewis would have significantly less effect.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Well according to batting order calculators, switching Votto and the pitcher should result in an extra 12 runs scored over the course of a full season. That would be around one win. Switching Janish and Lewis would have significantly less effect.
    Seriously...the entire batting order thing is ridiculous. Gomes is now somewhat gone, we have to figure something else to blame the poor play on.

Anyone know off the top of their head when the Willis DL is retroactive to, or was he hurt yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    If you switched Votto and the pitcher I bet Joey would have 75 (just a guess) or so less PA than if he batted 3rd. Factor that along with the point that you are removing him from the meat of the lineup...I gotta think that will cost the Reds more than 12 runs.

Stubbs!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Stubbs!!
    Geeze how delayed am I, that just happened for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    If you switched Votto and the pitcher I bet Joey would have 75 (just a guess) or so less PA than if he batted 3rd. Factor that along with the point that you are removing him from the meat of the lineup...I gotta think that will cost the Reds more than 12 runs.
    It would also get more people on base for Stubbs and...Janish.

Stubbs didn't get that one lol.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

They need to stop bringing up Maloney. He's human batting practice.

Stubbs didn't get that one lol.
    Stubbs played the wall really well on Howard's and looked lost on Ibanez's. Though it really didn't matter anyway, he was way off.

Turn Off Ads?