Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: US Gold Cup Roster: Yes that does say Freddy Adu

Attack Cat!

Re: US Gold Cup Roster: Yes that does say Freddy Adu

2-0 Panama at half. Embarrassing.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Attack Cat!

2-1 Panama holds on. Just awful. Plenty of goats, but the defense and Altidore were abysmal today.

Just an awful loss. No excuse.

If we don't absolutely thrash Guadeloupe I'll be disappointed. The Panama result was just horrendous.

Attack Cat!

I know there is plenty of time to right the ship, but I am terrified about even qualifying this cycle. There are no forwards worthy of starting on a good team, and the defense is either too old or too young, and probably not that great no matter what their age.

Even in CONCACAF this isn't going to be the shoe in everyone thinks it's going to be this qualifying cycle.

Oh, and coach Bradley, don't even get me started. Maybe when the team starts EVERY SINGLE GAME flat, it isn't the player's fault?
    Last edited by OUReds; 06-13-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Awesome move extending Bradley another WC cycle. History has shown that works marvelously.

Will be interested if he sticks with Ream and Goodsen in the middle.

I think he's going to go with Gooch and slide over Bocenegra and start Bornstein on the outside.

We better win this game by about 5 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Awesome move extending Bradley another WC cycle. History has shown that works marvelously.
    I've been as big of a Bradley supporter as there is, but even I'm getting discouraged by all the flat starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

How in the hell did Wondolowski miss? It was harder to miss that shot then it was to put it in

Wow. That Altidore goal was a rocket.

Attack Cat!

1-0 US at the half. It really should be more like 3-0, but poor finishing from Wondo and Dempsey.

Attack Cat!

1-0 USA wins and advances. They'll play Jamaica the 19th. The score looks ugly, but really this should have been a 4-0 blowout. Dempsey had a nightmarish game finishing, missing at least 5 really good chances on goal. Jones and Cherundolo were the men of the match for the US IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by OUReds View Post
    1-0 USA wins and advances. They'll play Jamaica the 19th. The score looks ugly, but really this should have been a 4-0 blowout. Dempsey had a nightmarish game finishing, missing at least 5 really good chances on goal. Jones and Cherundolo were the men of the match for the US IMO.
    I could not believe some of those misses. The Dempsey miss on that beautiful pass from Bedoya was inexcusable and the header he missed in the first half was basically just as bad.

Cherundolo was great as was Altidore and Bedoya off the bench.

The team looked really tired and that is to be expect I suppose, but hopefully they can find their legs again by Sunday.
    Last edited by BuckeyeRed27; 06-15-2011 at 07:30 PM.

Attack Cat!

Bedoya is playing like he wants a starting chance. I wouldn't be shocked to see him out wide with Dempsey up top one of these games.

Speaking of Dempsey, I'm just gonna chalk yesterday up as one of those games. He doesn't usually have trouble finishing.
    Last edited by OUReds; 06-15-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Nice win today. That said, the team looks shaky and will need to crank it up to win this tournament.

Turn Off Ads?