Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Idea

Trade Idea

Chris Heisey and Edison Volquez for Hunter Pence.

We need to stabilize left field. I think Hunter's defense and power would fit great in our lineup. With all the young pitchers and corner outfielders we have in the minors I don't think we would miss either of the guys we dealt. I think Pence would improve in this lineup as well. Right now he is the best bat in Houston. In Cincinnati he is 3rd at best. One could argue he would see better pitches.

Stubbs
    Pence
    Votto
    Phillips
    Bruce
    Rolen
    Hernandez
    Janish

That looks like a solid lineup to me.
    Last edited by RedRedhawk; 05-24-2011 at 06:02 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Idea

or how about delmon young his numbers suck but based on his career numbers hes better than what hes playin. also the twins suck so many cheaper. maybe a new team could turn his year around. just askin

BAKER12

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedhawk View Post
    Chris Heisey and Edison Volquez for Hunter Pence.

We need to stabilize left field. I think Hunter's defense and power would fit great in our lineup. With all the young pitchers and corner outfielder we have in the minors I don't think we would miss either of the guys we dealt. I think Pence would improve in this lineup as well. Right now he is the best bat in Houston. In Cincinnati he is 3rd at best. One could argue he would see better pitches.

Stubbs
    Pence
    Votto
    Phillips
    Bruce
    Rolen
    Hernandez
    Janish

That looks like a solid lineup to me.
    The Heisey fanatics on here would not do that if you threw in Wandy Rodriguez and the Astros top 5 prospects. Heisey, because of his lack of activity has become the most popular guy on team. Just like Janish was last season and Gomes in 2009/

Ugh. I'd do it now, but I'd love to have Volquez rebuild some sort of trade value.

The team has had an unbelievable history of trading players when their stock is at their LOWEST.

i like the deal and ESPN suggests the Astros may move Pence, but the issue is money. Pence is at like 6.5 million this year and will probably get close to 10 million next year, I just don't see the Reds spending that kind of money on a player of his level.

They should. Pence makes this team legit. But you'd have to give more than Heisey and Volquez.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Captain HunterPence is their best player; they'd ask for someone cheaper than Volquez and better than Heisey. Sure would fit nice here tho
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

True he would help but not enough going to Stros.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    They should. Pence makes this team legit. But you'd have to give more than Heisey and Volquez.
    +1

They would probably want someone like Francisco/Frazier

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    +1

They would probably want someone like Francisco/Frazier
    I would give them Francisco in a minute, frazier i am not sure but may consider..

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

The more I read comments from the Mets owner and his latest proclamation that their organization is poised to lose $70M this year...........the more I think we could get Beltran for a bag of balls if we were willing to take on this contract for the rest of the season. About $12.66M at this point with 1/3rd of the season gone.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

The Astros would want more than HI-C & EV

Quote Originally Posted by BAKER12 View Post
    The Heisey fanatics on here would not do that if you threw in Wandy Rodriguez and the Astros top 5 prospects. Heisey, because of his lack of activity has become the most popular guy on team. Just like Janish was last season and Gomes in 2009/
    The backup QB effect.

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    The backup QB effect.
    Again - there is no starting QB. Give Heisey some PT, then the fans of the back-up QB would shut-up right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    The more I read comments from the Mets owner and his latest proclamation that their organization is poised to lose $70M this year...........the more I think we could get Beltran for a bag of balls if we were willing to take on this contract for the rest of the season. About $12.66M at this point with 1/3rd of the season gone.
    that is still around 8 million or so for a player you can't be sure will stay healthy, I would rather take a risk with Reyes...

Turn Off Ads?