Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter on the Lineup

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

An Open Letter on the Lineup

Dusty,

Can I call you Dusty? Alright, Mr. Baker -- we can maintain SOME sense of decorum in this debate.

I like you. I've been one of your quieter supporters until this point. I had reservations about you being hired, but you've been a firm hand guiding this ship I call my favorite team since you arrived. Abusing pitchers? Vet Love? Vicious rumors you've put to bed. You brought me playoff baseball, which I was fairly certain, like good Chinese food and a healthy indifference to high school athletics, didn't exist in this part of the world. I even bought a box of toothpicks the other day just to be ready for your bobblehead later this season.

I feel like we're boys, in the only sort of way that a 29 year old fan who buys $5 tickets for a seat he never sits in and a multi-millionaire can be. So please, take this advice from a trusted friend:

1. Stubbs
    2. Phillips
    3. Votto
    4. Rolen
    5. Bruce
    6. Hanigan / Hernandez
    7. Heisey
    8. Janish
    9. Pitcher

It's going to win you ballgames, and you should etch it in stone somewhere in case you forget what it looks like. Don't change it. By self-hypnosis tapes if you find yourself wavering.

We'll talk again when Yonder Alonso and Devin Mesoraco get called up.

Until Then,
    - Caveat Emperor
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: An Open Letter on the Lineup

Did you contradict your sig?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Did you contradict your sig?
    I flipped the sig after I checked GameDay again.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

1. Caveat Emporer
    2. Homer Bailey
    3. ?

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Sign me up!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

LOL. Nice C.E.

I approve of this message. :O)

I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    1. Caveat Emporer
    2. Homer Bailey
    3. ?
    Profit?

I am willing to sign b/c I likey the lineup with those names in it, however I am of the mindset that lineup construction can be overblown at times. But in this case there is nothing wrong with the order of those names.

I won't sign. Should play Freddie Lewis against Halladay. Can't have enough lefty bats against Roy.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

I'm in. And I am not impressed with Lewis. Let's get this lineup in for the majority of games, except I'd play Renteria more than Janish. I just despise banjo-hitting shortstops.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I'm in. And I am not impressed with Lewis. Let's get this lineup in for the majority of games, except I'd play Renteria more than Janish. I just despise banjo-hitting shortstops.
    Renteria has a .573 OPS compared to Janish's .511 OPS. Toss in the fact that Janish is a significantly better defender and it's an easy decision as to who should start at SS. Neither one are the answer but Janish should get the majority of the playing time until the Reds find a better option.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Agreed.

Tootles,

LvJ
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

I even bought a box of toothpicks the other day just to be ready for your bobblehead later this season.
    This made me laugh here.

Anyway, that lineup seems logical. I have no idea why Baker has a fetish for Gomes. He has to be one of the worst producing OF's in the game at this point.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Yeah, I'm on board for this. If Rolen slumps, swap him and Bruce, or him and Phillips. If the catchers slump, bump Heisey up to 6th. If Heisey slumps put Lewis in there some. If Janish slumps (more than usual), get Renteria some time in there. But for now, as a base lineup, I'm good with this.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

FWIW, the Reds are leading the majors in runs per game.

Turn Off Ads?