Hernandez 2
    Lewis 7
    Renteria 6,
    Wood 1

Predictions vs Halladay????

2. Turn Off Ads?
    always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Re: Lineup vs. Halladay

No clue as to if we will do well, but I like this lineup considering the roster we currently have. No Gomes lol thank god.

amen on gomes

Based on what we have in the clubhouse right now, this is the lineup I would like to see on the field everyday. Hell, I might move Hernandez into the cleanup role since he has been hot recently. Hopefully we do better against Roy today than we did in the playoffs....

has gomes been officially benched then? he hasn't been in the lineup in awhile

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

I think yeah he's been benched. That's not to say he won't start again for us, but it seems like CH and Lewis are getting the majority of starts now. Gomes is fine off the bench as a PH against lefties, I guess. I like the guy lol he's just not a very good baseball player.

From Mark Sheldon: "Batting .171 and mired in a 0-for-13 skid, Jonny Gomes was out of the Reds' starting lineup for the second consecutive day on Monday against the Phillies. Gomes has likely been benched for the foreseeable future. Fred Lewis started in left field on Monday during a 10-3 loss, going hitless in four at-bats."

When dusty was asked about it he said,
    "We're just trying to get him together, that's all. He'll do it. We'll go to work like I do with all the guys that are struggling. My philosophy is it didn't take a week to get into this mess. Anybody who's been in a mess knows it takes equal or more time to get out of that mess."
    Last edited by RedsFan_26; 05-25-2011 at 03:23 PM.

If Halladay is on his game it won't matter, key will be getting to him early. Stubbs should lead off maybe with a bunt and get the O going early...

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan_26 View Post
    From Mark Sheldon: "Batting .171 and mired in a 0-for-13 skid, Jonny Gomes was out of the Reds' starting lineup for the second consecutive day on Monday against the Phillies. Gomes has likely been benched for the foreseeable future. Fred Lewis started in left field on Monday during a 10-3 loss, going hitless in four at-bats."

When dusty asked about it he said,
    "We're just trying to get him together, that's all. He'll do it. We'll go to work like I do with all the guys that are struggling. My philosophy is it didn't take a week to get into this mess. Anybody who's been in a mess knows it takes equal or more time to get out of that mess."
    I understand the reason for the above quote, a manager can not throw any player under the bus, but I really hope Dusty has come to understand that Gomes is just not that good and should only see very limited action.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    If Halladay is on his game it won't matter, key will be getting to him early. Stubbs should lead off maybe with a bunt and get the O going early...
    Has Stubbs been working on his bunting? It seems like he always looks uncomfortable when he has to bunt (rare), but last night was a pretty big spot for him to choose to lay down a bunt single. With his speed, you would like to think it is something he has been working on.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

No Gomes?????????? This lineup stinks!

BAKER12

I believe we will get more hits than the last time we faced him in Philly
    Linescore tonight
    Cin 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 4 0
    Phi 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 1
    Win- Wood, Loss- Halladay, Save Cordero
    HR- Lewis (2)

Quote Originally Posted by BAKER12 View Post
    I believe we will get more hits than the last time we faced him in Philly
    Linescore tonight
    Cin 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 4 0
    Phi 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 1
    Win- Wood, Loss- Halladay, Save Cordero
    HR- Lewis (2)
    Wow do you know this weekend's power ball numbers by chance?

Travis wood today vs. the Phillies, has thrown 41 pitches thru 3 innings and 38 of them have been fastball/cutter, and three have been changeups, two balls and a double from Ruiz. The name of the game is keeping the hitters off balance. This is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan_26 View Post
    Travis wood today vs. the Phillies, has thrown 41 pitches thru 3 innings and 38 of them have been fastball/cutter, and three have been changeups, two balls and a double from Ruiz. The name of the game is keeping the hitters off balance. This is ridiculous.
    is that Woods fault or the Catchers fault or whomever is calling the pitches?

Turn Off Ads?