15 41.67%
  • No

17 47.22%
  • Still to early to tell if one will be needed

4 11.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well Walt make a bold move

Well Walt make a bold move

During Walt's time with the Reds I can't think of any "big time" trade he has done outside of maybe the Rolen deal and i would not lable that as a 'big time' trade. Right now many here believe the Reds need to make a major move to upgrade at LF, SS and some feel we need a No. 1 starter. We can guess or say whom we would like to see the Reds get. But this question is more basic. The question is simple, do you see Walt and the Reds making a MAJOR trade at somepoint between now and the deadline to add something to this team?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Well Walt make a bold move

Walt has been great, this team would not be where they are if it wasn't for him. But yes i do see them making a big move. I say a shortstop at the deadline, not reyes, but a significant upgrade.

The circumstances make me think we will. We're slightly behind in a tight division race with holes at the top of the rotation, LF, and SS, and in order to separate from the Cardinals, I think we will.

If the White Sox continue their downward spiral, how would Alexi Ramirez look in red?

im not sure if there gonna upgrade in pitching but if I was going to upgrade lf or ss id go lf 1st ss 2nd.

I've always like stephen drew, well offensive wise, i don't know too much about his defense. But i don't think it would take too much to pry him away from arizona, although arizona is having an alright year, at 24-24.

Major trade will happen. We will get an excellent hitting outfielder and give up some major talent to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    im not sure if there gonna upgrade in pitching but if I was going to upgrade lf or ss id go lf 1st ss 2nd.
    Spot on mate.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan_26 View Post
    I've always like stephen drew, well offensive wise, i don't know too much about his defense. But i don't think it would take too much to pry him away from arizona, although arizona is having an alright year, at 24-24.
    I actually called Extra Innings last year when Arizona was giving players away like Haren last year and thought we should make a move on Drew.

I wish we would, I've always been a fan

Last year I said it would be a bad idea to mortgage the future for success now. I still feel that way. Reds don't have to win it all this year. I want them to, but there are also parts I don't see them trade. Mesoraco being on top of that list in the minors, as well as Bruce, Stubbs, Votto, Phillips and I'd even say Bailey on the big league club. That leaves you with some valuable chips, but I don't think the club looks for an "Ace" pitcher or a one year rental like Reyes. I think we will likely see the Reds go after a player that will stabilize a position like LF. I know a lot of people like Kemp. I could also see some help at shortstop.

Walt seems to have the knack for getting that piece that pushes the team over the top.

They do not have money to make a big trade. Only trade we will see is something like Kearns for a PTBN

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

The thread title says it all, I've been waiting for a bold move for years now. It's hard to do without depleting the minor leagues in a small-mid market club without a lot of money to throw around. I want a #1 pitcher, I do not believe you can win a World Series without one.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    The thread title says it all, I've been waiting for a bold move for years now. It's hard to do without depleting the minor leagues in a small-mid market club without a lot of money to throw around. I want a #1 pitcher, I do not believe you can win a World Series without one.
    Who has a #1 pitcher they are willing to give up?

25 of the 30 teams are within 5 games of making the playoffs

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Who has a #1 pitcher they are willing to give up?

25 of the 30 teams are within 5 games of making the playoffs
    No argument, probably nobody. We missed out of Cliff Lee and those chances don't come along every day. I would just prefer that if a pitcher is shopped around like that this season that we push to the limit to get him provided we're in the race. A #1 is a must.

With the way things are going and the schedule, I'm begining to fear that they will be out of contention by the time the trade deadline rolls around. So if something is going to happen it better happen sooner rather than later.

Still way too early to tell.

The pitching is likely going to be thin at the deadline...I know Liriano *sp* has had a shaky year, but he would likely be available. I would think it would be for an outfielder but I honestly have no clue. I know we won't make a panic trade.

Turn Off Ads?