Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: IM SICK!

IM SICK!

19 innings and the Reds have opportunity after opportunity, then come up short facing a back up second basemen on the mound! WTF! They deserve everything they get! The Sky is falling folks, be glad you didn't watch that game!

I watch the Reds every game, every at bat, tmrw ill be checking the box scores! Screw this team!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Super Agent

Re: IM SICK!

Is that a cause for being banned? I've seriously never seen people overreact to a 19 inning loss like this. Only Reds fans. I was ready for the game to be over win or lose. Team is going to be fatigued enough as it is playing that marathon game, now we have to fly to Atlanta for a 3 game series and play 3 straight against the Brewers at home. 0 days off!

Worst time to have a 19 inning game.

Quote Originally Posted by NatiWolfpack24 View Post
    Is that a cause for being banned? I've seriously never seen people overreact to a 19 inning loss like this. Only Reds fans. I was ready for the game to be over win or lose. Team is going to be fatigued enough as it is playing that marathon game, now we have to fly to Atlanta for a 3 game series and play 3 straight against the Brewers at home. 0 days off!

Worst time to have a 19 inning game.
    Nate, its because you haven't seen a 19 inning loss, nor have I! It hasn't happened since the early 1970's! I'm sure back then the big red machines middle of the line up didn't go down to a back up position player either on the mound who could hardly throw strikes! This game was the worst Reds game ive ever watched!

The Reds will be the laughing stock of baseball tomorrow!

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Not from what I'm hearing, Philly fans are giving us respect and Fisher respect for taking the game to the 19th, you don't laugh at a reliever nearly reaching 100 pitches.

you laugh at a team for not being able to capitalize on an infielder throwing to bruce and votto... it is unreal that votto swung at the pitches he did... i cant help but to be disgusted with the way the team handled this game.. carlos fisher was the only bright spot after the 10th inning

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

true, we should have taken two strikes each batter and failed to make him really work.

BAKER12

Our worst moments the last three seasons have been in Philly
    2009 lost 22-1
    2010 Wood perfect game marred by Co Co meltdown
    2011 Valdez retires the MVP and league leader in homers with ease

You play 162, your gonna have bad moments
    Brewers are gonna stand between us and a Central Division title

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Watching the Giants game in extras is appears Posey has just been injured and it appears bad.. reminds you that even a 19 inning loss could be worse.. One fan comment said I would have rather lost in 9 innings than have then happen in extras regarding the Giants situation now.

Super Agent

WOW I just saw the Posey replay. Whoever that was coming into home like that what a bush league play. Buster wasn't even close to being in the base line and that play wasn't going to be close if the guy just slid in normal. That was way out of line what he did. He went out of his way to spear head a catcher. Uncalled for.

At least Cueto wasn't brought in to pitch 4 innings ala Aaron Harang. There's always a silver lining

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Third place is all I know.

I just gotta laugh at all the fans who were happy standing pat. This team has serious holes that need filled.

But everything is fine in La-La Land for the glass half full people.

Enjoy third place the rest of the season.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

So, rather than being PROUD that the Reds were able to stay neck-and-neck with the "best team in the NL" for 19 innings, the game was an embarrassment, and reason for even more knee-jerk sky-is-falling BS?

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Third place is all I know.

I just gotta laugh at all the fans who were happy standing pat. This team has serious holes that need filled.

But everything is fine in La-La Land for the glass half full people.

Enjoy third place the rest of the season.
    My sentiments, also. Looking for a positive, the Reds played (perhaps) the best team/pitcher in baseball pretty evenly. Still, a loss. Now, on to Cliff Lee today.
    BTW, Phillips should be fined "big time" as Dusty would say, for getting picked off 2b. Busy talking to Rollins? Come on!! Just when I think Phillips is starting to understand what it takes to be a complete baseball player, he reverts back to crap like this. Still too much mustard on that hot dog, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    My sentiments, also. Looking for a positive, the Reds played (perhaps) the best team/pitcher in baseball pretty evenly. Still, a loss. Now, on to Cliff Lee today.
    BTW, Phillips should be fined "big time" as Dusty would say, for getting picked off 2b. Busy talking to Rollins? Come on!! Just when I think Phillips is starting to understand what it takes to be a complete baseball player, he reverts back to crap like this. Still too much mustard on that hot dog, IMO.
    This whole team still has too much mustard on the hot dog. WE need to be realistic, this team is NOT whom we thought it was. They overachieved last season and are proving that they were a 1 hit wonder or in other words, a fluke (but an NL Central is what it is and I'll take it)!

This team has serious problems and I for one don't know what the answer is...maybe its time to start going to AAA for LF, SS, and 3B. Gomes/Lewis is not the answer for LF, Janish/Renteria is not the answer at SS, and glove aside, Rolen is not a good bat in the lineup, again I don't know what the answer is, all I know is if something isn't done quick this season will be over by the All-Star Break, oh well a few weeks of stress-free sports until college football starts I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Jones1 View Post
    Screw this team!
    I feel ya, but instead of saying screw this team this is whom I say screw you to...

Screw

Way to not improve the team that won 91 games last year...

Turn Off Ads?