I asked Boss to put the how I screwed up thread to bed because while what happened to me is important, so is each new day.

So, again I want to thank the well wishers, and the stories sent to me in private.

I've now had the equivalent of 4 months of therapy, counting my time inside the hospital. I see my therapist from there once a week. She agreed to take me on as a patient in her new private practice. I take my medication everyday. And I haven't watched more than 5 hours of television since I have been out. I did get food poisoning yesterday, so that was fun. woof.

Today I start my first radio shift since 1990. The college i work for was the school i attended a loooong time ago as a radio/tv major. It recently celebrated its 35th birthday, and being there, on the air kind of put the bug in me. So i signed up for a class, and my first shift is today at 4:00-8:00 Central time. And yes... we stream live. the link is in my sig if anyone wants a chuckle. No, I won't be going by TRF. My actual name is Tommy. Some of you know that though.

My first post in the other thread talked about what I did wrong, to a degree, and the solution being talk and listen to your spouse/partner. I don't think it is entirely correct anymore. Listen to yourself. Be the best you, you can be. I'm not suddenly "cured". I struggle on a lot of days, but I opened myself up to a huge support system. Savafan, Brisco, Raisor etc. Everyone that added me on facebook. Yeah Puffy, I'm looking at you. Reconnecting with old friends, and friends i consider family. Living instead of watching others pretend to do things. Sticking around after a softball game to talk and enjoy the company of my friends instead of rushing home to ice everything down.

little things.

And posting here helps. I journal for me, blog for me and post for me. to get it out every way i can to not hold on to anger and resentment or worst of all, sadness. I'm trying the adage of learning what i can change and what i can't and gaining the wisdom to know the difference. So i thank you for indulging my rants and posts. I thank you all for the advice and welcome more of it. I thank all of you that cared enough to... well, care. About someone you have never met, an anonymous name on a messageboard. This really is the best site on earth.