Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Panic Button (version 2.0)

Re: The Panic Button (version 2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    The Reds have 111 games left this season.

Since the Reds swept the Cards, the Cards have had 2 vs. Philly, 2 vs. Houston, 3 @ KC, and 3 @ SD. That's a pretty favorable schedule over a 2 week stretch.

Reds have some issues, but none that all teams don't run into at some point. Get a few arms healthy, stay in it long enough to deal for a much needed bat in LF at the deadline, and the Reds will be in the hunt.
    They handled the Phils very well and did what this team has not been able to do...rely on the pitching to carry it.

They are young and I think they or some of them are starting to lack some confidence.

2. Turn Off Ads?

1989....1993......those years are some of the worse i have seen in Reds injuries.....and they had terrible players coming up from AAA to help. Jeff Richardson, Scotti Madison, Roland Roomes, Larry Luebbers, Mike Anderson, Chris Bushing, Greg Tubbs. I hope the injuries do not get this bad but at least there are some better options in AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    I would love to see some legitimate supporting evidence for this statement.
    1) Trading a valued prospect to get Rolen while adding payroll at a deadline when they were pretty much out of it.

2) Outbidding all of baseball to get one of the most highly sought after foreign amateurs ever.

3) Spending millions on retaining their young talent this offseason.

4) Having a vision and sticking with it and not making panic moves just because they go on a bit of a skid.

5) Drafting players with reputations as "tough signs", and then signing them anyway.

Oh wait...you said "supporting evidence". My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    1) Trading a valued prospect to get Rolen while adding payroll at a deadline when they were pretty much out of it.

2) Outbidding all of baseball to get one of the most highly sought after foreign amateurs ever.

3) Spending millions on retaining their young talent this offseason.

4) Having a vision and sticking with it and not making panic moves just because they go on a bit of a skid.

5) Drafting players with reputations as "tough signs", and then signing them anyway.

Oh wait...you said "supporting evidence". My bad.
    1. Overpaid.
    2. The big money teams weren't interested and passed on him.
    3. Bruce' deal was good.
    4. And squandering their window by settling for also ran status instead of moving to the head of the class.
    5. We'll see how that works out.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    1. Overpaid.
    2. The big money teams weren't interested and passed on him.
    3. Bruce' deal was good.
    4. And squandering their window by settling for also ran status instead of moving to the head of the class.
    5. We'll see how that works out.
    Squandering their window? Window is still open, with plenty of time.

The Yankes weren't interested in Chapman?

Consider the Yankees filed a lawsuit against Chapman's representitives, I would say they were interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Cuban left-handed pitcher Aroldis Chapman has an offer on the table from the Boston Red Sox worth $15.5 million, several sources told ESPN The Magazine's Jorge Arangure Jr.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb...ory?id=4741805

It is anyone's guess if Cincy truly overpaid for Rolen, however Z Stewart's 5.15 ERA, 1.50 WHIP and low K totals in AA are probably not making anyone regret that trade.

Hard to slide an inaccuracy by on RZ, that's for sure.

It is anyone's guess if Cincy truly overpaid for Rolen, however Z Stewart's 5.15 ERA, 1.50 WHIP and low K totals in AA are probably not making anyone regret that trade.
    I regret that the pitching poor Reds chose to deal their top pitching prospect and not get pitching in return. I don't really care how the players in the deal performed since then. The way to acquire solid pitching is with lots of money or with young arms. The Reds don't have lots of money and not enough young arms with value to form a staff and acquire its leader. Squandering one for a position player was a bad move.

They could have gotten Rolen some other way. Its what he wanted.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Squandering their window? Window is still open, with plenty of time.
    1 more season. Maybe 2.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I regret that the pitching poor Reds chose to deal their top pitching prospect and not get pitching in return. I don't really care how the players in the deal performed since then. The way to acquire solid pitching is with lots of money or with young arms. The Reds don't have lots of money and not enough young arms with value to form a staff and acquire its leader. Squandering one for a position player was a bad move.

They could have gotten Rolen some other way. Its what he wanted.
    At the time, being the Reds top pitching prospect was the equivalent to being the skinniest contestant on the season premiere of The Biggest Loser. Some view it as the Reds squandering their top pitching prospect, others view it as selling high.

The Reds are in their worst slump of the year and I have not seen one glimpse of the Rally Onion. Me thinks there lays the problem.

Seriously though, this team swept the supposed "best" team in the Central just a few weeks ago. How, all of a sudden, are they now the third best team in the division? The supposed "second" best team in the division has beat them 1 time out of 6.

This road trip smelled of a "funk" long before the season started. Nobody could have foreseen the Indians dominance at home this year which makes it even that more likely that a losing streak like this would occur. If they win 2 out of 3 against the Braves will everyone step back from the ledge?

Everyone expects this season to mimic last year's. The team on the whole is the same, but you can't expect a winning season to occur the same way. Are there glaring holes at SS and LF? Heck yes, there are, but I trust Walt to address those at the deadline or in house. We may not get into the playoffs but this team is much better than its currently playing.

At the time, being the Reds top pitching prospect was the equivalent to being the skinniest contestant on the season premiere of The Biggest Loser. Some view it as the Reds squandering their top pitching prospect, others view it as selling high.
    Then sell high for a pitcher.

Turn Off Ads?