Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Time to fire the entire staff and front office and trade Votto, Bruce and Stubbs

  1. #1
    BAKER12
    Guest

    Time to fire the entire staff and front office and trade Votto, Bruce and Stubbs

    Just trying to be one of the "smart baseball guys" and start a great thread

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Time to fire the entire staff and front office and trade Votto, Bruce and Stubbs

    With Homer headed to the DL, Bronson's health questionable, the inability to get production from the LF/SS and now 3rd base slot and a starting rotation struggling, you have to wonder what Walt and the boys will do? I think over the coming month we will know what we have in mag't and ownership. I think by July 1 we will have a firm grasp on where mag't sees this team and it's remining games this season. It will be interesting to see...

  4. #3
    BAKER12
    Guest

    Re: Time to fire the entire staff and front office and trade Votto, Bruce and Stubbs

    I have a lot of faith in Dusty and Walt, they are proven winners and know not to panic. With all the pitchers that are injured and struggling, we are going to have score a lot more to keep up with Milwaukee and the Red Turds. SS and LF have got to be upgraded radically in order for this to happen. Get a bat in LF, move Heisey to 2B and Phillips to SS, that would kill the defense, but improve the offense. Unless we pull the trigger on Beltran and Reyes.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    869

    Re: Time to fire the entire staff and front office and trade Votto, Bruce and Stubbs

    The problem with finding potential trading partners is that currently, the majority of teams are in the thick of things. Only a few teams are really out it. Of course, much can change over the next few weeks/month.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Time to fire the entire staff and front office and trade Votto, Bruce and Stubbs

    Quote Originally Posted by BAKER12 View Post
    I have a lot of faith in Dusty and Walt, they are proven winners and know not to panic. With all the pitchers that are injured and struggling, we are going to have score a lot more to keep up with Milwaukee and the Red Turds. SS and LF have got to be upgraded radically in order for this to happen. Get a bat in LF, move Heisey to 2B and Phillips to SS, that would kill the defense, but improve the offense. Unless we pull the trigger on Beltran and Reyes.
    Why would you move Hesiey to 2nd?

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
    Posts
    769

    Re: Time to fire the entire staff and front office and trade Votto, Bruce and Stubbs

    Dusty is definately not a winner, had amazing talent with the Giants and Cubs and did nothing with them

  8. #7
    Member CrosleyField's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    175

    Re: Time to fire the entire staff and front office and trade Votto, Bruce and Stubbs

    why not trade Votto for Beltran and Reyes. Yonder can play first. I mean these guys have made the Mets a winning franchise. Lets bet the farm on them!!

  9. #8
    BAKER12
    Guest

    Re: Time to fire the entire staff and front office and trade Votto, Bruce and Stubbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    Dusty is definately not a winner, had amazing talent with the Giants and Cubs and did nothing with them
    OK he wins a lot of games at the major league baseball level
    What is your definition of a winner?
    Took SF to the 7th game of World Series
    Took Flubs to 7th game NLCS
    Had Bonds and Kent and a lot of other guys (Matt Williams traded for Kent among others) so that was not a mega star team in SF

  10. #9
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: Time to fire the entire staff and front office and trade Votto, Bruce and Stubbs

    Dusty is that you?

    Deflecting criticism I see.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Time to fire the entire staff and front office and trade Votto, Bruce and Stubbs

    Quote Originally Posted by BAKER12 View Post
    OK he wins a lot of games at the major league baseball level
    What is your definition of a winner?
    Took SF to the 7th game of World Series
    Took Flubs to 7th game NLCS
    Had Bonds and Kent and a lot of other guys (Matt Williams traded for Kent among others) so that was not a mega star team in SF
    There are alot of managers whom win on teh major league level..
    had a 3-1 lead I believe in that series and blew it
    Had a lead in teh NLCS to the fish and blew that series
    Has had incredible talent on all his teams that did well. I think he has either had more overall losing seasons then winning, or is around .500 on winning and losing seasons...

  12. #11
    BAKER12
    Guest

    Re: Time to fire the entire staff and front office and trade Votto, Bruce and Stubbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Dusty is that you?

    Deflecting criticism I see.

    Stating facts

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    253

    Re: Time to fire the entire staff and front office and trade Votto, Bruce and Stubbs

    This is the Sun Deck. There are no "smart baseball guys" here.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West bye Gawd Virginia
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Time to fire the entire staff and front office and trade Votto, Bruce and Stubbs

    Quote Originally Posted by CrosleyField View Post
    why not trade Votto for Beltran and Reyes. Yonder can play first. I mean these guys have made the Mets a winning franchise. Lets bet the farm on them!!
    To quote Dr. Evil abou trading Joey Votto, "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtt tttttttttttttttttttt"

  15. #14
    Member RedLegsToday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fairfield, OH
    Posts
    596

    Re: Time to fire the entire staff and front office and trade Votto, Bruce and Stubbs

    Guys, it doesn't matter if we win or lose the division. There's not going to be a World Series! The Rapture is coming on October 21!

  16. #15
    Member CrosleyField's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    175

    Re: Time to fire the entire staff and front office and trade Votto, Bruce and Stubbs

    Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    To quote Dr. Evil abou trading Joey Votto, "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtt tttttttttttttttttttt"

    It was a joke. Hope you got it.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25