Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to fire the entire staff and front office and trade Votto, Bruce and Stubbs

BAKER12

Time to fire the entire staff and front office and trade Votto, Bruce and Stubbs

Just trying to be one of the "smart baseball guys" and start a great thread

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Time to fire the entire staff and front office and trade Votto, Bruce and Stubbs

With Homer headed to the DL, Bronson's health questionable, the inability to get production from the LF/SS and now 3rd base slot and a starting rotation struggling, you have to wonder what Walt and the boys will do? I think over the coming month we will know what we have in mag't and ownership. I think by July 1 we will have a firm grasp on where mag't sees this team and it's remining games this season. It will be interesting to see...

BAKER12

Re: Time to fire the entire staff and front office and trade Votto, Bruce and Stubbs

I have a lot of faith in Dusty and Walt, they are proven winners and know not to panic. With all the pitchers that are injured and struggling, we are going to have score a lot more to keep up with Milwaukee and the Red Turds. SS and LF have got to be upgraded radically in order for this to happen. Get a bat in LF, move Heisey to 2B and Phillips to SS, that would kill the defense, but improve the offense. Unless we pull the trigger on Beltran and Reyes.

The problem with finding potential trading partners is that currently, the majority of teams are in the thick of things. Only a few teams are really out it. Of course, much can change over the next few weeks/month.

Quote Originally Posted by BAKER12 View Post
    I have a lot of faith in Dusty and Walt, they are proven winners and know not to panic. With all the pitchers that are injured and struggling, we are going to have score a lot more to keep up with Milwaukee and the Red Turds. SS and LF have got to be upgraded radically in order for this to happen. Get a bat in LF, move Heisey to 2B and Phillips to SS, that would kill the defense, but improve the offense. Unless we pull the trigger on Beltran and Reyes.
    Why would you move Hesiey to 2nd?

Dusty is definately not a winner, had amazing talent with the Giants and Cubs and did nothing with them

why not trade Votto for Beltran and Reyes. Yonder can play first. I mean these guys have made the Mets a winning franchise. Lets bet the farm on them!!

BAKER12

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    Dusty is definately not a winner, had amazing talent with the Giants and Cubs and did nothing with them
    OK he wins a lot of games at the major league baseball level
    What is your definition of a winner?
    Took SF to the 7th game of World Series
    Took Flubs to 7th game NLCS
    Had Bonds and Kent and a lot of other guys (Matt Williams traded for Kent among others) so that was not a mega star team in SF

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Dusty is that you?

Deflecting criticism I see.

Quote Originally Posted by BAKER12 View Post
    OK he wins a lot of games at the major league baseball level
    What is your definition of a winner?
    Took SF to the 7th game of World Series
    Took Flubs to 7th game NLCS
    Had Bonds and Kent and a lot of other guys (Matt Williams traded for Kent among others) so that was not a mega star team in SF
    There are alot of managers whom win on teh major league level..
    had a 3-1 lead I believe in that series and blew it
    Had a lead in teh NLCS to the fish and blew that series
    Has had incredible talent on all his teams that did well. I think he has either had more overall losing seasons then winning, or is around .500 on winning and losing seasons...

BAKER12

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Dusty is that you?

Deflecting criticism I see.

Stating facts

This is the Sun Deck. There are no "smart baseball guys" here.

Quote Originally Posted by CrosleyField View Post
    why not trade Votto for Beltran and Reyes. Yonder can play first. I mean these guys have made the Mets a winning franchise. Lets bet the farm on them!!
    To quote Dr. Evil abou trading Joey Votto, "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtt tttttttttttttttttttt"

Guys, it doesn't matter if we win or lose the division. There's not going to be a World Series! The Rapture is coming on October 21!

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    To quote Dr. Evil abou trading Joey Votto, "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtt tttttttttttttttttttt"

It was a joke. Hope you got it.

Turn Off Ads?