Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Homer has...

What Homer has...

A sprain of the rotator cuff or shoulder capsule occurs when there is a forceful injury to the ligaments that stabilize the shoulder joint (glenohumeral joint). The stretching or partial tearing of these ligaments causes the shoulder joint to become loose (lax) and can lead to complete disruption or dislocation.

The glenohumeral joint is the most freely moving joint in the body. Two bones come together at the shoulder: the ball, or humeral head, at the upper end of the arm, and the socket, which is part of the shoulder blade (glenoid of the scapula). Ligaments cross between these two bones and stabilize the glenohumeral joint.

Sprains of the shoulder capsule are classified according to the amount of damage to the ligaments and any resulting laxity of the joint. Mild stretching without tearing of the ligaments is a grade I or first-degree sprain. There may be some minimal instability of the joint at this point. In a grade II or second-degree sprain, some fibers of the capsule tear causing the head of the humerus to slip and almost dislocate (subluxation), creating a feeling of instability.

This from just swinging a bat? I don't think so...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What Homer has...

Does anyone know how to put someone on ignore status?

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

User CP > Edit Ignore List

Unless I'm on your ignore list and you've forgotten how to do it, then you'll never see this

I actually have this exact same injury with my right shoulder. How did this happen?....Swinging a baseball bat too hard.
    We'll win it all next year...

Quote Originally Posted by bthomasiscool View Post
    I actually have this exact same injury with my right shoulder. How did this happen?....Swinging a baseball bat too hard.
    Yeah, this can absolutely happen by swinging a bat. It's likely that the ligaments were weakened prior to the swing producing the actual tear, but yes, swinging a bat can easily cause a shoulder sprain.

brm-do you ever post anything that's not critical of the team? if they say that the injury is from swinging a bat, why do you feel the need to go out of your way to try to prove it's not? is this dusty's fault too?

Quote Originally Posted by bornready View Post
    brm-do you ever post anything that's not critical of the team? if they say that the injury is from swinging a bat, why do you feel the need to go out of your way to try to prove it's not? is this dusty's fault too?
    I will answer for him in order of said questions:

1) No.

2) I'm not sure as long as Chapman stays in AAA to be a starter.

3) Well actually Dusty is an idiot so I am the wrong person to answer that question. But I'm guessing no. Unless I'm an orthopedic surgeon.

Quote Originally Posted by bornready View Post
    Because I don't buy what Dusty and Walt are selling. I don't buy an athlete of the condition of Homer has this happen to him with just a swing of the bat. I believe we are seeing what is a shoulder in bad shape and that will require some form of surgery before the season is out.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

brm joined a year after me and has nearly as many posts as I do. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Because I don't buy what Dusty and Walt are selling. I don't buy an athlete of the condition of Homer has this happen to him with just a swing of the bat. I believe we are seeing what is a shoulder in bad shape and that will require some form of surgery before the season is out.
    Is there any chance you can take a break for few days? Some quiet time might relax you. I joined this site so I can talk with Reds fans, but all anyone can do now is talk to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ezluke View Post
    Does anyone know how to put someone on ignore status?
    It makes this board a lot more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by ezluke View Post
    Is there any chance you can take a break for few days? Some quiet time might relax you. I joined this site so I can talk with Reds fans, but all anyone can do now is talk to you.
    What will relax me is seeing Walt and dusty on the unemployment line and someone in charge with a plan some direction adn the ability to construct a lineup card...

What will relax me is seeing Walt and dusty on the unemployment line and someone in charge with a plan some direction adn the ability to construct a lineup card...
    After seeing what Walt did with St Louis, and what he's already done with this team, you still want to see him on the unemployment line? Wow. Just... Wow.

Homer Bailey is made of glass

You're too much man, you really are. Post after post after post after post of negativity. I mean, it is MORE than fine to be negative, even to be neg. half the time or so. But some of the stuff you post...I mean, WALT being on the "unemployment line" after our first division clinch in 15 yrs. If you don't like Dusty, fine. I am slowly but surely starting to agree w/not only you, but several others around these parts that the guy just doesn't have a clue/makes some of the most mind-blowingly ignorant decisions a mgr. can make. But the Walt comment...no, just NO. And right at 2,250 posts in a yr. and a half?! WOW!

Oh well, I guess, at the end of the day if it makes you feel better to make all these hundreds of posts and get it all out of your system, more power to ya. As has been stated, other posters can simply put you on ignore if they feel free to do so. But dang man, eventually you're going to be posting to yourself (and to myself, what little I post and all, so actually, I don't really matter, but I'm not putting anyone on ignore or any of that though I DO understand why someone would do so - it DOES get a bit old after SO much of it day in and day out)...And what fun could that be?
    Last edited by mikdavrut; 05-30-2011 at 09:01 AM.

Turn Off Ads?