Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Reds at Native American Warriors 28.05.11

Re: Reds at Native American Warriors 28.05.11

Many of you said the offense is to blame and that's a great point. I mean the other night going to the 19th. The BP was fantastic. Even tonight. We had several chances before Fischer had to take another one for the team. He was just out of gas. It's a grind. Cardinals lost so at least staying put. Cueto needs to come up big tomorrow and we can steal one from the lowerest ERA man in the NL. That would make all things better. then I think we have an off day coming. I hope so.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1 View Post
    Many of you said the offense is to blame and that's a great point. I mean the other night going to the 19th. The BP was fantastic. Even tonight. We had several chances before Fischer had to take another one for the team. He was just out of gas. It's a grind. Cardinals lost so at least staying put. Cueto needs to come up big tomorrow and we can steal one from the lowerest ERA man in the NL. That would make all things better. then I think we have an off day coming. I hope so.
    Off day next Thursday. They have three with the Brew Crew Monday through Wednesday.

I expect that Reineke from AAA will come up to pitch one game against the Brewers.

Interesting Tweet from LeCure. Maybe they didn't even ask him to get loose tonight.

@mrLeCure Sam LeCure
    I don't know what to say folks. I desperately want to pitch and I feel like I'm wasting space as I'm sure you all do. Im ready if they call

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Interesting Tweet from LeCure. Maybe they didn't even ask him to get loose tonight.

@mrLeCure Sam LeCure
    I don't know what to say folks. I desperately want to pitch and I feel like I'm wasting space as I'm sure you all do. Im ready if they call
    They might want LeCure for a start.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post

@mrLeCure Sam LeCure
    Not the way to go about it Sam. I feel for you, but thats not how you handle it.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    They might want LeCure for a start.
    Yep. This is my thinking too. I have a feeling that Walt & Dusty would LOVE to keep him right where he is...being successful as the long man in the pen. But we're really stretched thin right now. He probably our best option for a starter right now. Using him tonight probably makes him unavailable for the next needed start.

Sam may want to pitch, but my guess is the Reds don't want to push him. They fear losing still another guy to the DL. He'll be out there soon.

I don't think he'll start. I think Reineke from AAA will take the next vacant starting spot.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Sam in the game tomorrow or Monday from the pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Sam may want to pitch, but my guess is the Reds don't want to push him. They fear losing still another guy to the DL. He'll be out there soon.
    So they don't care about Fisher apparently? They can just run him into the ground like some worthless piece of equipment? You could see the look of irritation on his face last night when he clearly didn't have enough for a second inning yet they kept him on the mound anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Stubbs grounds into a 6-3 DP. 6-6 mid 12th.
    Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    So they don't care about Fisher apparently? They can just run him into the ground like some worthless piece of equipment? You could see the look of irritation on his face last night when he clearly didn't have enough for a second inning yet they kept him on the mound anyway.
    Fisher threw 20 pitches last night. What gives you the feeling that he didn't have anything left?

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Fisher threw 20 pitches last night. What gives you the feeling that he didn't have anything left?
    Were you watching the game? He definitely had less in his second inning and was muttering to himself looking frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Were you watching the game? He definitely had less in his second inning and was muttering to himself looking frustrated.
    Fortunately I was in Atlantic city, however I find it odd that he could go 95 pitches a week ago and then be gassed when in the teens.

You might be right, just weird.

Fortunately I was in Atlantic city, however I find it odd that he could go 95 pitches a week ago and then be gassed when in the teens.

I think the reason he was gassed was because he threw 95 pitches on Wednesday night/Thursday morning. That is awfully short rest to be throwing again, especially for someone who has been throwing in relief for quite some time.

It wasn't a week ago. It just seems that way. He only had 2 days rest since the 95 pitch debacle and was clearly gassed. Everybody and anybody watching could tell.

I know there is some mystery with Lecure. but anybody know why no Cordero?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    It wasn't a week ago. It just seems that way. He only had 2 days rest since the 95 pitch debacle and was clearly gassed. Everybody and anybody watching could tell.

If Lecure truly couldn't go then Cordero was the last available arm in the pen so Fisher had to stretch out or Cordero was going to have to pitch alot. I think Fisher's first inning only took 6 pitches so it was defensible to ask his to go out again IMHO.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post

2 days? Wow, seems like more.

Turn Off Ads?