Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So What happened with Cisco?

Re: So What happened with Cisco?

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    Why the secrecy? It's not like we are talking about nuclear launch codes here.
    Because I am not out here trying to spread rumors of this magnitude that may not be true. It would be one thing if it was "oh, he might have hurt himself", but that isn't the case here.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Because I am not out here trying to spread rumors of this magnitude that may not be true. It would be one thing if it was "oh, he might have hurt himself", but that isn't the case here.
    Is it something that will end his career? Had high hopes for that guy

Legal problems of some kind?

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that it has something to do with his age

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    True, but it's valuable development time lost, and from what I remember of Cisco's scouting reports, it didn't sound like he could stand to lose much in the way of velocity and remain a legit prospect.
    Most people come back throwing harder after TJ.

Volquez did. Granted he had some HGH too.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Why the secrecy? It's not like we are talking about nuclear launch codes here.
    I personally think it's lame as well. Why say anything at all if you're not going to share?

The simple solution is saying, "I don't know if it's true, this is purely a rumor, but..."

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Has Correa been suspended for PED's at some point in his career? Just curious...
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Has Correa been suspended for PED's at some point in his career? Just curious...
    Yes

The Correa situation will clear up eventually but he is not currently active. Do not criticize Doug on this. If he was told not to say anything, and he discloses info on a public forum, then that source is going to take issue. Then you are going to get less info in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I personally think it's lame as well. Why say anything at all if you're not going to share?

The simple solution is saying, "I don't know if it's true, this is purely a rumor, but..."
    I figured I would share that there is something more going on here than a simple injury issue (allegedly). I got my information second hand from a guy who has given me good information before, but I haven't been able to confirm it elsewhere either at this point. That is why I am not saying what exactly is going on.

For those wondering about Jonathan Correa...

Reds prospect Jonathan Correa suspended one year for lying about age

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ing-about-age/

He is currently on the "disqualified list" while serving his suspension.

Disqualified List - "A player who violates a player contract or reservation may be placed on this list. There is no minimum number of days the player must remain on the Disqualified List before the player can be reinstated to the Active List. A player on the Disqualified List does not count against a Club's Active List limits or its Reserve List limits."

Hope this helps!

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rockin-Redlegs View Post
    For those wondering about Jonathan Correa...

Reds prospect Jonathan Correa suspended one year for lying about age

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ing-about-age/

He is currently on the "disqualified list" while serving his suspension.

Disqualified List - "A player who violates a player contract or reservation may be placed on this list. There is no minimum number of days the player must remain on the Disqualified List before the player can be reinstated to the Active List. A player on the Disqualified List does not count against a Club's Active List limits or its Reserve List limits."

Hope this helps!
    So the penalty for being older than he says is taking him out of action for a year. Double whammy!
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that it has something to do with his age
    Boom! Headshot

So do we know when the suspension started?

Angels worried about Albert?

sent from HTC EVO

Turn Off Ads?