Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So What happened with Cisco?

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Re: So What happened with Cisco?

So, it does not appear that Robert Stephenson will pitch on Thursday, May 23 as I originally hoped, but it does appear that Drew Cisco will pitch that day.

As we all know by reading through this thread, Cisco received supplemental first round kind of money as a sixth rounder and then had TJ surgery.

Updates since this last thread is that he started 15 games in Billings last year and did a fantastic job of limiting walks (only 1.08/9 innings) and therefore had a stellar 6.42 K:BB last year. In his first 8 starts of 2013, Cisco has done an even better job of limiting walks (0.72 BB/9 innings) and has an even better K:BB ratio of 10.75. His ERA in those first 8 starts is 2.88 and his FIP of 2.76 backs it up.

Can any one give me a scouting report on his 2013 repertoire? Did we underrate him as our #25 prospect? Does he have the upside of being a major league starter?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Can any one give me a scouting report on his 2013 repertoire? Did we underrate him as our #25 prospect? Does he have the upside of being a major league starter?
    Fastball, curve, change (maybe slider too). Fastball may touch 90, not sure, but he's not a hard thrower. Curve is top notch. Plus-plus command and knows how to pitch. Definitely has the potential to be a back of rotation major league starter. Underrated in prospect polls here, IMO.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

4. Likes:

Edd Roush (05-20-2013), HokieRed (05-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Fastball, curve, change (maybe slider too). Fastball may touch 90, not sure, but he's not a hard thrower. Curve is top notch. Plus-plus command and knows how to pitch. Definitely has the potential to be a back of rotation major league starter. Underrated in prospect polls here, IMO.
    Thanks for the quick response. I hope with that kind of stuff he can be successful at the higher levels. You just don't see too many starters in the bigs who struggle to touch 90 with their heater in the bigs. Any idea about the quality of his change and/or slider? Is he an Arroyo-esque pitcher? That is the first comp that comes to my head after seeing that scouting report.

Here is a free report I wrote on Cisco from a start a few weeks ago. Not sure he was underrated at 25 though, at least heading into the year.

This link has video as well:
    http://redsminorleagues.com/2013/05/...ng-notebook-4/

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Here is a free report I wrote on Cisco from a start a few weeks ago. Not sure he was underrated at 25 though, at least heading into the year.

This link has video as well:
    http://redsminorleagues.com/2013/05/...ng-notebook-4/
    Looks like your report is not free. The teaser part did state that he was showing four "good" pitches, though. Do you think his curveball rates out as a plus pitch as lollipopcurve indicates? What do you think his ceiling is? Is he Arroyo-esque on the mound or do you have another comp in mind when you see him?

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Looks like your report is not free. The teaser part did state that he was showing four "good" pitches, though. Do you think his curveball rates out as a plus pitch as lollipopcurve indicates? What do you think his ceiling is? Is he Arroyo-esque on the mound or do you have another comp in mind when you see him?
    The report on Cisco is absolutely free. The other reports on the page are not. Watch the video, there is over 3 minutes worth. You can figure out if you think he looks like Arroyo or not.

Thanks for the link, Doug. That's the most concentrated piece on Cisco I've been able to see. The change impresses me.

Apparently so.

I didn't know that allowing others to make up their own mind on what someone looks like made you sound like a prick though. I provided a link to a scouting report and plenty of video of the player he was curious about. Next time I should probably just not be a prick and let him just continue to wonder.
    Doug. I can't get past the second paragraph before I see "content protected for user subscribers only." Was that all you were referring to in your first post? If so, I appreciate the material.

I can't see any video with my access to draw a conclusion on the Arroyo comp. Can anyone else on Redszone help me out?

I believe coming out of the draft, some felt that Cisco's best "tool" might have been between his ears. A very srtrong pitching IQ, I believe.

From the video, which is about all I know directly of Cisco, he doesn't remind me of Arroyo (except perhaps in the very general but not very helpful way that he doesn't throw real hard).

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Doug. I can't get past the second paragraph before I see "content protected for user subscribers only." Was that all you were referring to in your first post? If so, I appreciate the material.

I can't see any video with my access to draw a conclusion on the Arroyo comp. Can anyone else on Redszone help me out?
    That second paragraph ends what I had written on Cisco, so yeah, that is what I have on him. I have no idea why you can't see the video, because it is before anything is protected. The video should be the last thing before you get to he whole content protected thing.

That second paragraph ends what I had written on Cisco, so yeah, that is what I have on him. I have no idea why you can't see the video, because it is before anything is protected. The video should be the last thing before you get to he whole content protected thing.
    It's probably because my work internet blocks Youtube. Thanks for the report on Cisco. I hope he pitches well Thursday when I go to the game.

Turn Off Ads?