Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At what point are we sellers?

At what point are we sellers?

Reds are now 5 games out. If in 2 weeks they are 8 or so games out what happens? I know it sucks to think about considering the high hopes for this year. But, it's getting close to that time when you just have to accept the Reds aren't good enough to win this year, but they do have some pieces other teams would want. Cordero, Masset, Phillips, Rolen, Hernandez/Hanigan, Arredondo and Heisey are all players I could see teams wanting.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: At what point are we sellers?

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    Reds are now 5 games out. If in 2 weeks they are 8 or so games out what happens? I know it sucks to think about considering the high hopes for this year. But, it's getting close to that time when you just have to accept the Reds aren't good enough to win this year, but they do have some pieces other teams would want. Cordero, Masset, Phillips, Rolen, Hernandez/Hanigan, Arredondo and Heisey are all players I could see teams wanting.
    Walt would be dumber than hell to trade Phillips or Masset, the rest you list are expendable.

I would sell Dusty for a bag of magic beans....

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Cue......3......2.......1........BAKER12 is about to respond.......

pretty soon most likely, getting Rolen and Cordero off this team would help

Recovering Cubs Fan

I don't see anyone else running away with the division. I think the Reds will continue to be in the race. It just feels like they suck because they haven't won much lately, but they're still a good team. Have some patience, and a little faith.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

if were out of the race were pretty much gonna be in stand pat mode. guys like cordero or hernandez become expendable and maybe rolen but their not part of next years plans anyway except rolen on a limited role.

As was stated I don't see anyone running away with this division. The Cards and the Brewers have been hot and the Reds have not. The law of averages is bound to catch up at some point here. This series with the Brewers is obviously very important.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker View Post
    As was stated I don't see anyone running away with this division. The Cards and the Brewers have been hot and the Reds have not. The law of averages is bound to catch up at some point here. This series with the Brewers is obviously very important.
    I also read somewhere that the Reds are playing the toughest part of their schedule and the Cards are playing the weakest part of their schedule.

Things will get better when the Reds get back to playing the Pirates. D'OH!

Get Rolen out does not have it anymore...... trade for Reyes only if he will sign multi year then move Stubbs down to 7th... And get a Pitcher!

rolen is fine just not a 4 hitter

The Reds won't be sellers no matter how far they drop. They might unload Co-Co and maybe Hernandez but that is it, no one else is going anywhere.

they only have 5 players to sell

Rolen
    Renteria
    Arroyo
    Hernandez
    Cordero

and I do not see any demand for any of these guys

They would have to give away EV

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    rolen is fine just not a 4 hitter
    Rolen has lost 3 steps in the field this season and if he plays for more that 3 days in a row he can not buy a hit

A 27-27 record does not make us sellers. If we don't win the division this season, we're poised to make a run next year. We're only sellers if we struggle next season as well.

Turn Off Ads?