Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adam Dunn

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Adam Dunn

Approaching June 1st and Adam Dunn is hitting .184 with 5 HR's and a blistering 67 strikeouts as the White Sox DH.

Signed to make $12M in '11, $14M in '12, $15M in '13, and $15M in '14. Unreal.

If he doesn't come around and he's on the decline, this could do down as one of the worst contracts in the history of the game. Seriously.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Adam Dunn

Hard to believe that he has fallen off this much so fast. He's either hurt, off the juice, or just mentally in a funk. He has been so consistent in his production it just doesn't make sense that he would blow up like this. He isn't really that old, especially for the type of hitter/player that he is.

KD1476

I think I read Adam had an appendectomy surgery. If this is the case? I would think it would set you back a bit. I think Francisco had one last year and it took him awhile to get back on track.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1476 View Post
    I think I read Adam had an appendectomy surgery. If this is the case? I would think it would set you back a bit. I think Francisco had one last year and it took him awhile to get back on track.
    yeah, at the start of April he had surgery. it was the least invasive kind of procedure for the ailment but still would prevent someone from working out and staying in shape and strong, at least for a minute, I would think.

the removal of streroids has ruined baseball lol

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    the removal of streroids has ruined baseball lol
    Especially E.V.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1476 View Post
    Matt Holiday had an appendectomy and did not even go on the DL and came back mashing. I think Dunn's lack of work ethic has caught up to him.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Dunn also has not had a single hit vs a lefty this year in 38 at bats.

Wait a minute, there have been people here who say he is a for sure HOF....

Maybe he has had trouble adjusting to the AL.

That is a lot of money. Money that we could not have afforded to shell out. Personally, when he was in Cincy, I thought he should have been playing 1st base, the Hatteberg signing made no sense.

I assume he is just not used to DHing and is so used to playing everyday. A big adjustment for a player. He also looked as if he has gained some more weight. I still believe he will end up with 30+ home runs this year.

Big guys with long swings like Dunn age terribly post 30. The second he loses any bat speed he will completely drop off a cliff in terms of production. For players like Dunn there isn't usually a steady decline, but rather a steep fall. I was a big Dunn fan, but had no interest in signing him long-term past 32.

I would still like to see him as a Red, thinking of Votto, Dunn, Bruce batting back to back to back would be a nightmare for pitchers, especially at GABP.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    I would still like to see him as a Red, thinking of Votto, Dunn, Bruce batting back to back to back would be a nightmare for pitchers, especially at GABP.
    Still? Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Three lefties in a row? You need a copy of Bakermetrics 101. Dusty's head would explode.

Turn Off Ads?