Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Reds Trade rumors thread

2011 Reds Trade rumors thread

Anything you hear, post it

Not ideas, but actual rumors.

Anyone have anything??
    Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.
    -Ted Williams

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2011 Reds Trade rumors thread

The only thing i've heard has already been discussed a lot here, but a lot of sources say the Reds would be a suiter for Jose Reyes.

I read where the Reds have interest in Wilson Betemit. He is the third baseman for KC. And they supposedly have a stud prospect ready to make it to the show. I can't find that article now.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Speculation comes before rumors, we aren't really at the point for rumors to fly yet.

TD find that article! if it's on bleacher report it's probably wrong

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

"There's not a lot of pitching to be had. It would be tough to get anyone if we do need someone," remarked Reds GM Walt Jocketty to Ken Rosenthal.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    Speculation comes before rumors, we aren't really at the point for rumors to fly yet.

TD find that article! if it's on bleacher report it's probably wrong
    Last year i read an article on bleacher report that said "Chris Heisey for Carlos Marmol trade almost a done deal"
    Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.
    -Ted Williams

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan_26 View Post
    Last year i read an article on bleacher report that said "Chris Heisey for Carlos Marmol trade almost a done deal"
    Actually........I remember that one too.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I think alot of rumors will be flying that include the Mets or Dodgers since they are having payroll problems.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I think alot of rumors will be flying that include the Mets or Dodgers since they are having payroll problems.
    I don't see how that benefits a small-market club that, supposedly, can't take on payroll.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Actually........I remember that one too.
    I love all some sports fans think Bleacher Report is legit info.lol
    When your or I,or anyone for that matter can write articles on there.I have read some doozies over the years.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

I will say they do have some real info on there about college football recruiting though.Too bad I already hear the same stuff before they write about it though.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    The only thing i've heard has already been discussed a lot here, but a lot of sources say the Reds would be a suiter for Jose Reyes.
    Sources not named Walt

if we're gonna something we better do it pretty soon because 5 games will eventually look like 8 and then we will be sellers

Heard this via ...... CBSSPORTS.........Reds possibly in talks with Arizona to deal for Stephen Drew for Janish,Hanigan and cash considerations.... I say do it then call up Mesoraco possibly Cozart...... Thoughts?? Pull the trigger WALT!!!!!!

no way the diamondbacks deal drew especially while they are in 1st

Turn Off Ads?