Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dragons information notes

Dragons information notes

As someone who has found Redszone.com to be a very good source to go for information, I wanted to pass along a couple of new elements that may be of interest.

First, we have a new website page, www.daytondragons.com/pressbox that I think will be helpful to serious fans of Reds minor leaguers playing in Dayton. If you go to this page, you will find quick links to information pages that you may frequently visit, including Roster, Game Stories, Stats, our media guide, our radio broadcasts, daily press box notes, starting lineups, and so on.

Secondly, we are going to be introducing a new Twitter account that will focus on team information such as roster changes, score updates, individual player notes, etc. Our first Tweet will come when we announce our 2012 roster in a few days. www.twitter.com/dragonsbaseball

Thanks,

Tom Nichols
    Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations
    Dayton Dragons

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dragons information notes

cool.

Interesting acknowlegement Tom, I've seen many times where media types are obviously borrowing information/discussion from message boards, but until now, I've never seen someone actually acknowledge that. Kind of refreshing. I don't have a problem with the practice, it would just be nice to see those place acknowledged from time to time.

Looking forward to seeing how the Dragons stack up this year compared to last year, and if Yorman returns and if Stephenson starts here or starts in short season (or I guess starts in extended spring training, then comes to the Dragons mid May like many have before him)

Great fans here who are very respectful of everyone's opinion and that is the most important element of any message board, in my opinion. There are several great Reds blogs as well that I like to keep an eye on including redlegnation.com, redsminorleagues.com, theredsreport.com, redreporter.com, and I am sure others that I am leaving out (sorry).

Hope to see some of you at a Dragons game in 2012. And if you are not in the area, tune us in on the internet. Thanks.

Following.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Tom, does Magic Johnson buying the Dodgers mean the Dragons may be a Dodgers farm club after this PDC runs out?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedhawk View Post
    Tom, does Magic Johnson buying the Dodgers mean the Dragons may be a Dodgers farm club after this PDC runs out?
    No, it doesn't mean that. The Dragons are inside of the Reds territory. That means that the Reds control allowing a team to be within that territory, or essentially if the Dragons ever decide to not renew their PDC with the Reds, the Reds can just say they can't have a team anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    No, it doesn't mean that. The Dragons are inside of the Reds territory. That means that the Reds control allowing a team to be within that territory, or essentially if the Dragons ever decide to not renew their PDC with the Reds, the Reds can just say they can't have a team anymore.
    I had no idea that Johnson was a part owner of the Dragons. Doesn't this mean Magic will have to sell his stake in the minor league club? Man, if I win the lottery tonight, maybe I'll buy it!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Any insite you can offer thru the season would be greatly appreciated on this forum; hope to see you post more often.

According to the Sinclair CC Baseball Facebook page, Former Sinclair & UC Pitcher Dan Jensen has been assigned to Dayton

Turn Off Ads?