Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Minor League Transactions

Re: Minor League Transactions

From Jamie Ramsey:

2 more Reds transactions: 20th rounder RHP Dan Jensen signed...RHP Jonathan Correa placed on the disqualified list.

http://twitter.com/Jamieblog

2. Turn Off Ads?
    -The Insider-

So he got released I suppose?

Disqualified list: They would still control his rights but he, at this time, has become ineligible to play.

I knew a player a few years back. He was a great base stealer named Freddy Guzman. Still playing I think. Scouts looked at the player and said that guy looks a lot like a guy we saw last year named Pedro De Los Santos. He could be his twin brother.

Turns out they were not twins, they were the same player. Guzman was De Los Santos. Fortunately, their ages were not too far apart so Guzman was able to keep playing.

They might have put Guzman on the disqualified list for a time while it was being sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    Disqualified list: They would still control his rights but he, at this time, has become ineligible to play.

I knew a player a few years back. He was a great base stealer named Freddy Guzman. Still playing I think. Scouts looked at the player and said that guy looks a lot like a guy we saw last year named Pedro De Los Santos. He could be his twin brother.

Turns out they were not twins, they were the same player. Guzman was De Los Santos. Fortunately, their ages were not too far apart so Guzman was able to keep playing.

They might have put Guzman on the disqualified list for a time while it was being sorted out.
    What is the restricted list? I noticed that Krebs has been placed on there.

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    What is the restricted list? I noticed that Krebs has been placed on there.
    From Answers.com...

The restricted list is a lot like the disabled list, but the conditions under which a player can be put on the restricted list are a lot different. For example, one doesn't have to be be injured to go on the restricted list, but one can be. The restricted list is a list of players to whom certain teams have contractual obligations, but are currently not a part of the team and may not play in an MLB game.

I'm sure there are better answers to be had on this board than this.

Restricted List: They would still control his rights and he is eligible. One example, not that this is the case for Krebs because I don't have any idea, but one example could be that the player had a parent that was very seriously ill and he wanted to go home and be with the parent. There is also a temporary inactive list that they use when the player is away for the Futures Game or Olympics or something short term.

-The Insider-

Krebs, like Alexander Smit last year, was put on the restricted list due to "retirement." they told Krebs he was going back down to Double-A and he said no and left.

Huge, huge difference between Mesoraco and Yorman. One kid worked hard, tried to learn, busted his butt all the time and even when things were not going well and he had a ton of pressure as a number one pick, he never stopped working or never quit.

You are comparing two players there that could not possibly be any more different. Now, does that mean I am looking into a crystal ball and saying Yorman will never make it? No. Who knows what happens if the maturity light comes on. Some of the worst attitudes in sports made it (see Albert Belle).
    Fair enough -- there's a lot of truth in what you say, I'm absolutely sure. And I very much appreciate the light you shed on these players for us. My hopes for Yorman have certainly been sobered.

A guy I like at Dayton is Vidal. Could you share a thought or two about him?

Vidal: Defensively, excellent hands, makes plays on tricky hops that you rarely see made at this level...average range. Offensively, good power potential. Good hitter for a player coming out of junior college. Well below average runner. Has tendency to let bad at-bats carry over. Along with Barnhart and Sierra, ranks among league's best defensive players at respective position.

Vidal: Defensively, excellent hands, makes plays on tricky hops that you rarely see made at this level...average range. Offensively, good power potential. Good hitter for a player coming out of junior college. Well below average runner. Has tendency to let bad at-bats carry over. Along with Barnhart and Sierra, ranks among league's best defensive players at respective position.
    Thanks. Sounds like a kid with a shot, but he's going to have to work at it.

-The Insider-

As I reported earlier, but I thought I'd put it here in the transaction thread, left-handed pitcher Lee Tabor was released Monday night.

Daniel Tuttle shipped out to Extended Spring Training to make room for Lotzkar.

Carolina moves...

IF Jake Kahaulelio has been reassigned to the High-A Bakersfield Blaze, with IF Jose Castro being activated from the disabled list.

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Daniel Tuttle shipped out to Extended Spring Training to make room for Lotzkar.
    I find it odd that they would demote Tuttle vs Promoting Smith. It's not like Bakersfield has 5 capible starters.

Spencer Dickinson was promoted from AZL Reds to Billings.
    Carlos Mendez was sent back to Bakersfield to make room for Justin Lehr, who is down from Louisville.

Turn Off Ads?