Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Oklahoma Pharmacist gets Life

Re: Oklahoma Pharmacist gets Life

Shouldnt the kid who got away be charged with mureder also?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

I'd give him a decent prison sentence, but life is ridiculous. We throw years around like they are nothing in this country. It's a heavy thing to take most (or all) of a man's life away from them, and I really am not sure enough judges see it that way. Very rarely do I think anyone should go to jail for 20+ years.

But that's also presupposing we'd work on rehabilitating people in prison and making it so they could do something with themselves on the outside, along with dealing with whatever issues caused them to end up in prison, but lol that's never going to happen.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Deepred05 View Post
    Shouldnt the kid who got away be charged with mureder also?
    Who did he kill?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Who did he kill?
    No one.

He is talking about Felony Murder but, depending on the State, it usually does not apply in these instances. The person that got killed was a co-conspirator, thus Felony Murder does not apply. It usually only applies to innocent victim during commission of crime. Again, this depends on state law
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    No one.

He is talking about Felony Murder but, depending on the State, it usually does not apply in these instances. The person that got killed was a co-conspirator, thus Felony Murder does not apply. It usually only applies to innocent victim during commission of crime. Again, this depends on state law
    That rule was used a few years ago near my home. A disgruntled employee of a car garage burned the shop down. The structure collapsed on a firefighter and killed him. The guy was convicted of murder with the felony murder rule.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?