Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who are your current favorite Reds?

who are your current favorite Reds?

it's funny to me all the different reasons people like different players....with that in mind my current list in order...

Brandon Phillips....'cause I watch just to see what he might do in the field

Jonny!...I think it's a combo of his all out style and the fact that everyone is always wanting to string him up

tie...Homer and Travis Wood...for whatever reason I love to watch the games they pitch

Votto...only because he rules

Janish....same as Phillips I love to watch him flash the leather....gosh i wish he'd get a hit a week!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: who are your current favorite Reds?

Votto: I just respect the way he plays the game. Intensity and dedication have taken him to a level most never dreamt he would reach. I still pinch myself when I realize a player of his caliber wears a modern day Reds uniform.

Bruce: An exciting player to watch who will only get better and seems to care about the community. He is the future face of the franchise and seems well suited for the role. I think Jay will have an MVP award to match Joey's sooner rather than later.

BP: Spectacular glove work aside, the man just "gets it" when it comes to fan interaction. And having met him I will say I found him to be genuine and warm.

Jay Bruce, ever since he signed his long-term contract and announced that he knows he's going to make more money that he can ever spend, so he just wants to play where he's happy -- in Cincinnati.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

top 5

1. Stubbs
    2. Masset
    3. Votto
    4. Bruce
    5. Cueto

Bruce
    Chapman
    Phillips
    Votto
    Janish
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Bruce, Bailey, Votto, Fisher, Wood
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I like and root for every one of 'em but Jay Bruce is my favorite.

Brandon Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I like and root for every one of 'em but Jay Bruce is my favorite.
    I agree.

Jay Bruce and Joey Votto are the guys I must watch when they come to the plate.

I love watching Drew Stubbs snare sure-fire doubles with the greatest of ease. I love watching Brandon Phillips make every play look sensational --even the easy ones.

If Aroldis Chapman is on the mound I stop and watch no matter what else I am doing.

Bruce
    Bailey
    Votto
    Cueto
    Wood

It's a tie between Bruce and Cueto. I find myself rooting for them as if they were my kids. I'd probably be a nervous wreck as a little league parent, so this is as close as I will probably get.

Votto is on another plane. I remember being in awe of the immense talent of Eric Davis, but Votto may have eclipsed that. I don't know if I've ever seen a better hitter wear a Reds uniform.

I also have to mention Phillips. He is an absolute joy to watch, and he is now the player I had always hoped he would become.

If someone put the proverbial gun to my head, I'd have to pick Bruce. Regardless, it's really a great time to be a Reds fan. Things may not turn out the way we all hope, but this has been a fun ride.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Bruce
    Bailey
    Phillips
    Votto
    Chapman
    Ondrusek
    Heisey
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Rolen...He is old school.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Bruce
    Phillips
    Votto
    Janish
    Leake

I hate to leave off Bronson, Homer & Stubbs.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 06-03-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Bruce, Votto, Cueto, Stubbs, Wood, Bailey, Rolen, Chapman

Turn Off Ads?