Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Re: Rise of the Planet of the Apes

We saw it this weekend. Good movie. Well worth the watch. I like the way the story line progressed. They didn't try to cram too much into it. I don't want to say too much for those that haven't seen it; but the main emphasis was on "the beginnings of the ape revolution".

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Someone posted on another board I read:

"6 billion people, armed with tanks, fighter jets, and cruise missles vs. 150,000 smart primates. Unless this gas makes the chimps bulletproof, I think I'll bet on the humans winning this one."
    A valid question that even I was asking myself as I watched it. But again, this is science fiction, and it's about the imagination. And in the movie they "introduce" the scenario that, IMO, ultimately contributes to the decline of the human race and aids the apes in gaining future dominance over their human counterparts.

It's definitely written with sequels in mind.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    A valid question that even I was asking myself as I watched it. But again, this is science fiction, and it's about the imagination. And in the movie they "introduce" the scenario that, IMO, ultimately contributes to the decline of the human race and aids the apes in gaining future dominance over their human counterparts.

Yeah, I had to agree with CE until I saw the movie this weekend and now I see it's plausible for that scenario to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    We saw it this weekend. Good movie. Well worth the watch. I like the way the story line progressed. They didn't try to cram too much into it. I don't want to say too much for those that haven't seen it; but the main emphasis was on "the beginnings of the ape revolution".

I see what ya did there.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Saw it this weekend with my pop. Went in no expectations and really liked it.

I thought I posted my review earlier. But it looks like it might have gotten lost in cyber space. I am in agreement with GAC's review.

It's not an Oscar winner, but it is entertaining as long as you don't take it too seriously.

Turn Off Ads?