Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dollar dogs

dollar dogs

What section is the nearest to the dollar dogs stand on the main level at GABP?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Johnny Cueto Fan

Re: dollar dogs

Behind the first base line where all the picnic tables are.
    TWITTER : @KOBasinger

Yeah first base line. The dollar hot dogs are amazing, although the lines get long at times.
    Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.
    -Ted Williams

Dollar hot dogs?

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

best deal in baseball because it's every game. there are teams in sports that do this a few times a year, the Reds are the only organization to do it on a daily basis.

It's down the first base line, you turn right in this little gap where Paul Brown is in good view and its right next to skyline chili I think.

I hate to complain but I think all hotdogs should be $1 at all stadiums. These companies that supply the ballparks are selling them in bulk, and they are somewhat low quality dogs.

Maybe if they were broiled or grilled with a large choice of toppings it would be worth the 3.50 they charge, but a dog sitting in warm water placed on a semi-stale bun with mustard, re-hydrated onions, and relish isn't worth $1.00, much less $3.50

One time I bought a cheeseburger at GABP and when I got back to my seat to eat it, there was a layer of wax paper stuck to the cold cheese. Well worth 6.75.

Also the beer is usually skunky if you buy the good brands. You can tell they let them sit around forever if they don't sell.

GABP concessions are not very good... I've had a lot better (and worse btw) at other stadiums.

The meal deal up on the upper deck is a nice deal also. Hot dog, drink, chips, and whatever Kroger gave the Reds for that home stand (sunflower seeds, granola bar) for $7.

Of course, if you don't want to leave your seat, you can always call the LaRosa's delivery number, and have them bring a pizza or calzone to you. I love that.

Has anyone tried the new smokehouse bbq place yet?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Dollar dogs? I guess the fans need something to look forward to since our manager is costing us games we should win.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Dollar dogs? I guess the fans need something to look forward to since our manager is costing us games we should win.

Congrats on being user #2 on kiss the babys ignore list. You are brm are gems.

btw had the dollar dog yesterday, they were great. the dollar coke was flat though :/

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss the Baby00 View Post
    Congrats on being user #2 on kiss the babys ignore list. You are brm are gems.

btw had the dollar dog yesterday, they were great. the dollar coke was flat though :/
    Good. I only want intelligent posters reading my insightful posts anyway.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

This message is hidden because Vottomatic is on your ignore list.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I am 34 years old now and I live in Gainesville, FL. Was born in Cincy but moved to North Florida when I was 3. My family always made pilgrimages back to Cincy every summer and we would always go to every Reds game we could. As a young kid, obviously, your wallet is not normally all that fat....but I always had a few bucks in there from allowance, doing extra chores, good grades on report cards, etc. One of my fondest memories from my childhood was going to Reds games during the summer @Riverfront and having enough money to buy myself 2 hot dogs during a Reds game. I would buy one in the 2nd and then another during the 5th or 6th. Are they gourmet fare? Hardly. But having hot dogs at a ballgame, living and dying by the outcome of every affair (because what else matters at that age?) and waiting near the player's parking lot for autographs after the game is what life is supposed to be about for a kid that age. I hope they never do away with the dollar dogs, regardless of how poor the quality of said dog may be.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by munnlete View Post
    What section is the nearest to the dollar dogs stand on the main level at GABP?
    It is between 132 and 133 across from the kids playground.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I am 34 years old now and I live in Gainesville, FL. Was born in Cincy but moved to North Florida when I was 3. My family always made pilgrimages back to Cincy every summer and we would always go to every Reds game we could. As a young kid, obviously, your wallet is not normally all that fat....but I always had a few bucks in there from allowance, doing extra chores, good grades on report cards, etc. One of my fondest memories from my childhood was going to Reds games during the summer @Riverfront and having enough money to buy myself 2 hot dogs during a Reds game. I would buy one in the 2nd and then another during the 5th or 6th. Are they gourmet fare? Hardly. But having hot dogs at a ballgame, living and dying by the outcome of every affair (because what else matters at that age?) and waiting near the player's parking lot for autographs after the game is what life is supposed to be about for a kid that age. I hope they never do away with the dollar dogs, regardless of how poor the quality of said dog may be.
    They actually just started the dollar dog/stand last year. Don't think they had it at any time in GABP before last season.

Turn Off Ads?