Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
Results 316 to 327 of 327

Thread: 6-4-11 | Dodgers @ Reds

  1. #316
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,585

    Re: 6-4-11 | Dodgers @ Reds

    Stubbs singles to right. 1st and 2nd. Tying run at the plate.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #317
    Member kbrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,374

    Re: 6-4-11 | Dodgers @ Reds

    Wow, that was close.

  4. #318
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    8,175

    Re: 6-4-11 | Dodgers @ Reds

    Mercifully, it's over.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

  5. #319
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,585

    Re: 6-4-11 | Dodgers @ Reds

    Phllips flies out to right. Reds lose 11-8.

  6. #320
    Oy Vey! Red in Chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: 6-4-11 | Dodgers @ Reds

    miles, carroll, gwynn combine to go 9 out of 13...really?????

  7. #321
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,066

    Re: 6-4-11 | Dodgers @ Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    How can anyone blame this loss on Baker. He brought in his best relievers. They failed. It's on them.

    Somehow, I don't see how this double switch means anything.
    Well, that's where you and I differ. If you need 4 runs you need to go deep into your best hitters. Renterria is the last hitter left. You want to depend on him if you need someone to drive in the tieing run? That certainly appears to be Dustballs thought.

    Rem

  8. #322
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    6,057

    Re: 6-4-11 | Dodgers @ Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Well, that's where you and I differ. If you need 4 runs you need to go deep into your best hitters. Renterria is the last hitter left. You want to depend on him if you need someone to drive in the tieing run? That certainly appears to be Dustballs thought.

    Rem
    What does that have to do with what got them there in the 1st place? The bad pitching from the relievers in the 8th and then the bats go silent pretty much after that.

  9. #323
    Knowledge Is Good Big Klu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    19,520

    Re: 6-4-11 | Dodgers @ Reds

    Anyway, I would like to congratulate Joey Votto again on tying Gordy Coleman for 25 place on the Reds' all-time home run list.


    Updated Reds HR list (players in italics are active):

    Reds All-Time Home Run Leaders
    1. Johnny Bench - 389
    2. Frank Robinson - 324
    3. Tony Perez - 287
    4. Adam Dunn - 270
    5. Ted Kluszewski - 251
    6. George Foster - 244
    7. Ken Griffey, Jr. - 210
    8. Eric Davis - 203
    9. Barry Larkin - 198
    10. Vada Pinson - 186
    11. Wally Post - 172
    12. Gus Bell - 160
    13. Joe Morgan - 152
    13. Pete Rose - 152
    15. Lee May - 147
    16. Dan Driessen - 133
    17. Reggie Sanders - 125
    18. Ernie Lombardi - 120
    19. Sean Casey - 118
    20. Brandon Phillips - 111
    21. Frank McCormick - 110
    22. Dave Parker - 107
    23. Chris Sabo - 104
    24. Dave Concepcion - 101
    25. Gordy Coleman - 98
    25. Joey Votto - 98
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

  10. #324
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,066

    Re: 6-4-11 | Dodgers @ Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    What does that have to do with what got them there in the 1st place? The bad pitching from the relievers in the 8th and then the bats go silent pretty much after that.
    Tony: you've been here a pretty long and I usually agree with you but:

    Yes, the bully went south. However, if you're going into your last chance to, at the least, score at least 4 runs, you're going to need your hottest hitter to be in there. If it gets to that point do you really want Edgar Renteriea to be at bat instead of Jay Bruce?

    Rem

  11. #325
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    6,057

    Re: 6-4-11 | Dodgers @ Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Tony: you've been here a pretty long and I usually agree with you but:

    Yes, the bully went south. However, if you're going into your last chance to, at the least, score at least 4 runs, you're going to need your hottest hitter to be in there. If it gets to that point do you really want Edgar Renteriea to be at bat instead of Jay Bruce?

    Rem
    Well no I did not agree with the Double switch there really......but by the time it got to this point..... it really was not going to matter much, but that is just my opinion. It might have looked like he was just giving up after LA got the 4 runs and just saving Carlos from having his arm fall off. Some of these players just are not performing and they may only do so when it does not matter.

  12. #326
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,066

    Re: 6-4-11 | Dodgers @ Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Well no I did not agree with the Double switch there really......but by the time it got to this point..... it really was not going to matter much, but that is just my opinion. It might have looked like he was just giving up after LA got the 4 runs and just saving Carlos from having his arm fall off. Some of these players just are not performing and they may only do so when it does not matter.
    Agreed.

    Rem

  13. #327
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,713

    Re: 6-4-11 | Dodgers @ Reds

    Brutal loss, went into Walmart up 6-2, came back out and the game was still going on, so I knew that wasn't good. Little did I know.

    Been a really rough 1st half. Masset is starting to look like Bronson. Good more often than not, really good for stretches, but man, when he ain't got it, he ain't got it. It's Katie, bar the door.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25