Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Playoffs or No Playoffs

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this team makes the playoffs - NO MATTER WHAT

8 21.62%
  • Makes the playoffs - IF a trade is made to significantly upgrade Starting Pitching, LF, and/or SS

13 35.14%
  • No, this team fails to make the playoffs - NO MATTER WHAT

16 43.24%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll: Playoffs or No Playoffs for the Reds?

Re: Poll: Playoffs or No Playoffs for the Reds?

Every contending team has a certain amount of slack heading into the season. Every single thing does not have to go right for them to be in contention in September. Which is good because that simply is not going to happen. However, a pretty good percentage does have to go right. The Reds have used up most of their slack IMO. They can't afford much more to go wrong and still expect to be their when the leaves start turning different colors. I'd say the chances of them making the playoffs is about 20% right now. One in five sounds about right.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Reds have a pretty good chance of making it to the playoffs. There are truly only about 10 of the 16 teams with a chance to secure the 5 NL post season spots. IMO - I am throwing out (there may be a surprise here or there)
    Houston
    Chicago
    Pittsburgh
    San Diego
    NY Mets
    Colorado

Of the remaining teams, the Reds should be much better (on paper only) than

LAD
    St Louis
    Wash

So that leaves 7 teams battling for 5 spots.

But we're not playing on paper...............
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

Yeah, Lou. The Reds are obviously much better on paper than the Cards and Nats. That statement borders on outrageous, although I wish it were true.

im as confident as i ever have been about the reds. i think they may run away w/ the division.

Bringing a year old thread back from the dead? You should probably start a new discussion, I think the poll results would be much different this year.

i disagree with some of that

Turn Off Ads?