Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juan Pierre?

-The Insider-

Juan Pierre?

Just spitballing here but what about White Sox outfielder Juan Pierre? The Reds could do a huge deal getting lefty John Danks and Pierre to fill two spots. That would allow Stubbs to move down to the middle of the lineup and Pierre could be the table setter.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Juan Pierre?

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Just spitballing here but what about White Sox outfielder Juan Pierre? The Reds could do a huge deal getting lefty John Danks and Pierre to fill two spots. That would allow Stubbs to move down to the middle of the lineup and Pierre could be the table setter.
    In a word---NO! Bring up Dave Sappelt and you've got a similar player that costs you less money and you don't have to trade anyone. Plus Sappelt is 10 years younger. (famous shrug)

Rem

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    In a word---NO! Bring up Dave Sappelt and you've got a similar player that costs you less money and you don't have to trade anyone. Plus Sappelt is 10 years younger. (famous shrug)

Rem
    Sapp is hurt and won't be back until the All-Star break. After missing over a month and a half I doubt they'd call him up before September.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Sapp is hurt and won't be back until the All-Star break. After missing over a month and a half I doubt they'd call him up before September.
    I understand that but it's not a reason to trade for Juan 'Freekin' Pierre.

Rem

I believe Pierre's problems are that he doesn't hit for power, doesn't walk, gets caught stealing too often & isn't that good defensively.

I know Jonny still has some defenders but I'd let him go and bring up some youth. Frazier could play LF and also fill in at 3B. If Alonso is felt to be OK defensively he is an option as well. Or both of them. Honestly if the team called up Mes, Alonso, Cozart & Frazier today I'd be thrilled.

Rem
    I think you misspelled his middle name (or is that the French version too?)
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I think you misspelled his middle name (or is that the French version too?)
    Just channeling the famous Bucky 'bleeping' Dent quote.
    Last edited by remdog; 06-06-2011 at 05:14 AM.

Pierre is awful, last thing the Reds need is an out at the top of the lineup who when he does get on base will do his best to be thrown out.
    Go Gators!

Juan Pierre actually has been a good player most of his career. He puts up a decent OBP, career .346, steals lots of bases, around 40-60 a season, at a decent rate, 75%, and plays above average defense, career +4.8 UZR.

His biggest problem was that he was vastly overpaid when he went to the Dodgers. They paid him like an All-Star when he was more like a league average player.

That said, he is having a terrible year this year, and at his age, it might not be a slump.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Rem
    Wholeheartedly agree!

How about Dusty just plays Heisey everyday...how long can it possibly take to figure out Heisey is the Reds best LF against lefties and righties...

Kids, just say no to drugs.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Please no. Just remember how bad the cubs were when Dusty had Juan the last time.

Dusty loves Pierre.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Don't need Juan Pierre. We have Yonder Alonso and Todd Frazier to head to left field if the Reds aren't satisfied with their current situation. Dave Sappelt could also be an option in the near future. The last thing the Reds need to do at this point is trade for an outfielder.

Turn Off Ads?