Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Only 1 person can turn this team around..

Only 1 person can turn this team around..

We stand at 30-30 and at a point with the upcoming schedule of tough AL games ahead that come July 1 we will either be in or out of it. To me at this point there is only 1 man who can turn this team around. It is time for the owner Bob C. to step up to the plate and either hit a homerun or K. He either needs to pull Walt into his office and explain to him "nicely" to make some key moves and changes or begin planning for the coming seasons. We need our owner to be willing to add a few dollars and eat a few dollars in contracts to get this team going right. Bob wants a winner in cincy....wonder if he is willing to do what is needed to get that done, we have about 24 days to find out...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Only 1 person can turn this team around..

You have to trade talent to get talent

Who do you trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    You have to trade talent to get talent

Who do you trade?
    Depends on whom the opposing team want. There is right now only about 3-4 Reds that are "untouchable" to me and they would be:

Votto
    Bruce
    Cuteo
    Phillips

Everyone else I would listen to and consider "IF" the return was good enough. I would stay away from "rentals" and understand payroll must increase a bit.

KD1476

I would think that before we consider a move as far as a trade, we should make some moves from AAA to the Reds. Before I would ship anyone for a left fielder I would at least give Frazier , Alonso and Sapplet ( when healthy) a shot out there. I would Love to have Reyes but I would not give up 3 to 5 good players. Last I checked we have a second round draft pick at SS in Louisville, who is doing pretty darn good. Cozart needs to be given an opportunity. The moves I would want to see our promotions and only make trades for pitching, which everyone needs. Just my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1476 View Post
    I would think that before we consider a move as far as a trade, we should make some moves from AAA to the Reds. Before I would ship anyone for a left fielder I would at least give Frazier , Alonso and Sapplet ( when healthy) a shot out there. I would Love to have Reyes but I would not give up 3 to 5 good players. Last I checked we have a second round draft pick at SS in Louisville, who is doing pretty darn good. Cozart needs to be given an opportunity. The moves I would want to see our promotions and only make trades for pitching, which everyone needs. Just my opinion!
    I agree, but the issue is Dusty won't play them. So...either our owner goes to Walt and "instructs" him to "instruct" Dusty on what to do, or there is no real reason to bring them up.

KD1476

You are right Dusty is a stubborn man, If we had the guys I suggested up here they would probably be sitting while Gomes and Janish contiue to struggle and they would be pitch hitters like Heisey. So they are probably better off in Louisville getting their at bats!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Dusty sticking with Gomes forever might be why this team is 5 games out.

This isn't rocket science.

Our pitching needs to improve dramatically, both in the bullpen and in the starting staff.

Adding a solid veteran or two via a trade would be great.

BAKER12

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Dusty sticking with Gomes forever might be why this team is 5 games out.
    RIDICULOUS
    Maybe the crappy starting pitching and lack of consistent bullpen had a part in this

BAKER12

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1476 View Post
    You are right Dusty is a stubborn man, If we had the guys I suggested up here they would probably be sitting while Gomes and Janish contiue to struggle and they would be pitch hitters like Heisey. So they are probably better off in Louisville getting their at bats!
    Bruce, Votto, Stubbs all young guys that have been given everyday jobs by Dusty

The rap about him not liking young players does not stick

Quote Originally Posted by BAKER12 View Post
    Bruce, Votto, Stubbs all young guys that have been given everyday jobs by Dusty

The rap about him not liking young players does not stick
    Bruce was the golden child, and had to be played, Votto sat behind Scott H and missed out on playing time and how many retreads did Dusty put in CF before going with Stubbs. For anyone to say that playing Gomes/Edgar and now to a point Rolen (Full time) over better young players just need to have their eyes checked. There is zero logic why Gomes and Edgar are even on the team and big questions why Rolen is getting the number of starts he has so far.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Bruce was the golden child, and had to be played, Votto sat behind Scott H and missed out on playing time and how many retreads did Dusty put in CF before going with Stubbs. For anyone to say that playing Gomes/Edgar and now to a point Rolen (Full time) over better young players just need to have their eyes checked. There is zero logic why Gomes and Edgar are even on the team and big questions why Rolen is getting the number of starts he has so far.
    To be honest, I'd rather have old guys play too long than rush young guys before they're ready. I wonder how the careers of Jeff Francoeur, Jonny Gomes, and Delmon Young could have been different if they hadn't hit the bigs so early...

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    This isn't rocket science.

Our pitching needs to improve dramatically, both in the bullpen and in the starting staff.

Adding a solid veteran or two via a trade would be great.
    Far too simplistic. There have been times when the pitching was outstanding, and they got nothing from a wildly inconsistent offense. They're playing with a 5-man lineup right now, getting nothing whatsoever from LF, 3B and SS.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

In March. I NEVER thought I would be saying this, but the Reds need starting pitching. Cueto seems to be OK and there is precedent to indicate that Arroyo will be fine, but nobody else is getting people out. That's 60% of the games that the Reds offense needs to imitate the 27 Yankees to have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by tobttr View Post
    In March. I NEVER thought I would be saying this, but the Reds need starting pitching. Cueto seems to be OK and there is precedent to indicate that Arroyo will be fine, but nobody else is getting people out. That's 60% of the games that the Reds offense needs to imitate the 27 Yankees to have a chance.
    I think both Wood and Leake will be fine. Will they have rough outings, sure both are young and inexperienced so they will have bumps in the road. The problem lies with Bailey and his health and EV and his mental approach. If both of them were at 100% then I don't think we are having the issues. I also think that the 19 inning game followed up by other extra inning games has really done damage to the pitching staff as a whole. Also, losing both Lecure and Malloney was alot bigger then I think many thought.

Turn Off Ads?