Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cub series

The Cub series

This series could be an oppertunity to climb. The Cubs are as low as a team can get right now. Losing 3 strait to the Cards, the last 2 in come from behind fashion. Zambrano voiced his disgust "WE STINKS".

Game 1: Coming off the DL is Garza vs. Leake who is due for a good start.

Game 2: Doug Davis' ERA is near 6.00 ....very beatable (he does well vs. the Reds, but that can change) This should be the toughest game.

Game 3: Dempster...you never know what he will bring, but Arroyo can beat him.

So there is no Zambrano to face. A sweep is very doable concidering the state of the Cubs.

St. Louis faces Houston, always tough for them, with the back end of their order. 2 of 3 for the Stro's is likely.

The Reds have just got to sweep. Nothing less than a sweep can get some momentum going. I'm no Cub hater but that damn team deserves to be crushed!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Cub series

I'm going to the game tonight. Hopefully Garza is a little rusty and Leake can continue pitching well. The nice thing about playing the Cubs is that even if the Reds get outplayed all game, there's still a great chance the Cubs will find a new and creative way to lose the game

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    This series could be an oppertunity to climb. The Cubs are as low as a team can get right now. Losing 3 strait to the Cards, the last 2 in come from behind fashion. Zambrano voiced his disgust "WE STINKS".

Game 2: Doug Davis' ERA is near 6.00 ....very beatable (he does well vs. the Reds, but that can change) This should be the toughest game.

So there is no Zambrano to face. A sweep is very doable concidering the state of the Cubs.

St. Louis faces Houston, always tough for them, with the back end of their order. 2 of 3 for the Stro's is likely.

The Reds have just got to sweep. Nothing less than a sweep can get some momentum going. I'm no Cub hater but that damn team deserves to be crushed!
    Are you a George Strait fan?

Proper spelling in your post is straight.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    I'm going to the game tonight. Hopefully Garza is a little rusty and Leake can continue pitching well. The nice thing about playing the Cubs is that even if the Reds get outplayed all game, there's still a great chance the Cubs will find a new and creative way to lose the game
    That's spot on.

Were not great, but we are better than the Cubs, thats for sure. I can't agree with your favoring the stros over the Cards. The astros might be the worst team in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    Were not great, but we are better than the Cubs, thats for sure. I can't agree with your favoring the stros over the Cards. The astros might be the worst team in baseball.
    I disagree. It does seem like the Stros have the Cards number. I could see them taking two of three. The Astros seem to be playing better as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    They may be, but if you check you will find that they have OWNED the Cards for the last 4 years, maybe longer.

Quote Originally Posted by mu4103 View Post
    I disagree. It does seem like the Stros have the Cards number. I could see them taking two of three. The Astros seem to be playing better as well.
    They are. They just finished their BEST road trip of the year.

Thanks, Magdal. Chances look very good for us to win this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Thanks, Magdal. Chances look very good for us to win this series.
    This may be the easiest sweep the Reds will see this year. Game #1 they won with ease, and that is now 7 games in a row the Cubs have dropped! Their best chance for a win is tomorro, but what's the incentive? They make their millions no matter how bad they play. Pujols ripped their guts out in St. Louis and they KNOW this year is over for them.

Win tomorro, and it's a sweeper!

Oh, and FYI, keep daddy Rolen on the pine.

Our bullpen got a well-needed break tonight.

They may be, but if you check you will find that they have OWNED the Cards for the last 4 years, maybe longer.
    The Cards stunk against the Astros last year, but won the season series the three years prior and they've won 4 of 5 this year. The Astros have been competitive with the Cardinals over these years, but have hardly owned them outside of last year.

Volquez can't give up 1st-inning runs tonight, or many runs at all, for that matter.

His opponent, Doug Davis, has given up three or fewer runs in 12 consecutive starts against the Reds, going 5-2 with a 3.10 ERA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Volquez can't give up 1st-inning runs tonight, or many runs at all, for that matter.

His opponent, Doug Davis, has given up three or fewer runs in 12 consecutive starts against the Reds, going 5-2 with a 3.10 ERA.
    This is, as I said before the toughest game of the series, but definately doable.

Oh Razzle! In regard to the Astro's "owning" the Cards....when a perinial 5th place team wins more than loses vs. a frequent 1st place team it seems to me like ownership. The Stro's and the Royals are the 2 toughest crappy teams for the Cards to beat. If you know of another crappy team that beats 'em more, I would like to hear it.

Grab a broom and hold your breath!

Turn Off Ads?