Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 6-8-2011 Reds vs Cubs Matinee Today

Re: 6-8-2011 Reds vs Cubs Matinee Today

Frustrating season.. Every time I get optimistic that the team might be putting things together, they have a game like this.

Yea, we will still have won 2 of 3 from the Cubs, but this game is a downer.
    We need to make up some ground.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Johnny Gomes: The nightmare that never ends.

In fact, I'm to the point now with Gomes that I cringe when he gets a hit, because somewhere Dusty Baker and Walt Jocketty are thinking: "See, he is the answer!" Gomes' 4-hit aberration the other day was almost panic-inducing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Johnny Gomes: The nightmare that never ends.

In fact, I'm to the point now with Gomes that I cringe when he gets a hit, because somewhere Dusty Baker and Walt Jocketty are thinking: "See, he is the answer!" Gomes' 4-hit aberration the other day was almost panic-inducing for me.
    I know, I hate when reds players get 4 hits in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I know, I hate when reds players get 4 hits in a game.
    Dusty Baker probably has some convoluted mathematical formula for Johnny Gomes that essentially gives Gomes "X" number of starts per hit.

A 4-hit game might keep him in the everyday lineup through Labor Day.

I hate losing to the Cubs but the Reds outscored them in the series 17-8 and took 2 out of 3. That seems about right to me.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Dusty Baker probably has some convoluted mathematical formula for Johnny Gomes that essentially gives Gomes "X" number of starts per hit.

Since that game Gomes has 22 PAs. For reference, Bruce has 42. He isn't overly starting JG and, to be honest, Gomes has looked better since being benched. He has produced.

I know that upsets you, but it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Since that game Gomes has 22 PAs. For reference, Bruce has 42. He isn't overly starting JG and, to be honest, Gomes has looked better since being benched. He has produced.

I know that upsets you, but it is true.
    Facts, scmacks.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

It's not like Lewis or Heisey look great. Flewis has played pretty darned poorly since he's been here. Has looked ridiculous fielding wise.

Believe me, I'm not a fan of Gomes' overall game, but I think at this point it's more of a problem of having ANYONE good than it is deciding which guy to put in the line-up. Using Heisey is probably the best idea against righties (and Gomes vs. lefties), but the overall difference over the long haul is dimmering.

Turn Off Ads?