Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Advantage of a sub age 25 MLB player..

Advantage of a sub age 25 MLB player..

Been thinking about this after reading the article where the writer talks about the sweet spot for age in MLB is 27. Here's one article on this

http://www.fantasybaseballdugout.com...rs-turning-27/

There are other articles contrary to this

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/ba...page=age27myth

My question is how important is for a player to reach the bigs prior to age 25 so he can develop and grow both physically and mentally. I am of the opinion that it takes a player 3 years to fully adjust to the MLB game and become a good player. Their 3rd year is when they start to really break out. Jay Bruce is an example of this he has shown flashes threw his first two seasons, but this year his 3rd seems to be putting it together everyday.

Also does coming to the bigs at an early age 21 or 22 equate to a greater chance of becoming an all star?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Advantage of a sub age 25 MLB player..

Some players adjust very quickly. Here are the 20 year old lines for my favorite, all-time Reds, Pinson and Robinson.
    Pinson: .316/.371/.509/.880, with 205 Hs, 131Rs, 47 doubles
    Robinson: .290/.379/.558/.936, with 38 HRs
    I say you bring em up when they can play.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Re: Advantage of a sub age 25 MLB player..

I got a 6 out of 5, they paid me a one point dividend in the middle of the quiz.

My son is 7 and I am confident he could get the first two right without any coaching.

GL

Turn Off Ads?