Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: You wonder how true this is...would you do it?

You wonder how true this is...would you do it?

Hal McCoy, Dayton Daily News
    It appears the Padres are willing to trade outfielder Ryan Ludwick and would do oit straight up for outfielder Chris Heisey or take some minor-league prospects for him. Ludwick and Reds’ general manager Walt Jocketty already have a history: Jocketty signed him as a free agent for the St. Louis Cardinals in December, 2006.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Re: You wonder how true this is...would you do it?

Interesting offer.San Diego is the death knell for power hitters.Heisey straight up for Ludwick,you would have to pull the trigger.Rusty, as I call him, refuse's to give Heisey a chance in LF,so I would make the trade.Ludwick would rake at GABP.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I'm not a fan of Ludwick, but read somewhere that he has one of the higher batting averages with RISP. Says he loves to hit with men on base.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Question is will he make the switch to LF?

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

yes

i might do it, but it wouldn't help this team that much, if at all

I would do it in a heart beat, although we would owe Ludwick 4 million for the rest of this year, a power bat to split up the lefties (Bruce and Votto) and could bat 4th. I love the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    i might do it, but it wouldn't help this team that much, if at all
    How could it not help? His bat is lightyears better then Gomes...

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    How could it not help? His bat is lightyears better then Gomes...
    yes but Pitching has become our main problem now. Until we get some legitimate starters we aren't contending for anything.

yes but Pitching has become our main problem now. Until we get some legitimate starters we aren't contending for anything.
    You are not going to find ACE pitching this year, what you can get is more help for your offense. You can also continue to work with the starters you have and watch them grow and improve.

Doesn't matter what the main problem is, what matters is that LF is certainly a problem. Addressing the pitching problem would be ideal, but that doesn't mean you don't also try to address your other needs.

Ludwick is a legit hitter and I think would bolster the offense (not like Lewis or Gomes). If your not gonna play him - trade him.

Ludwick is an above average outfielder...that in itself is a huge upgrade over Lewis and Gomes. Well....at least average.
    Last edited by DocRed; 06-08-2011 at 05:20 PM.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

If this organization considers Heisey to be its third option in LF (as demonstrated by this year's lineups) by all means you make that trade.

But, personally, I don't think Ludwick's any better than Heisey. Feels like the same player, given equal opportunity.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    If this organization considers Heisey to be its third option in LF (as demonstrated by this year's lineups) by all means you make that trade.

But, personally, I don't think Ludwick's any better than Heisey. Feels like the same player, given equal opportunity.
    the difference is I believe Dusty would play Ryan and we know he won't play Chris....to me that reason alone I would do the deal.

Turn Off Ads?