Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No matter what happens tonight...

No matter what happens tonight...

....this should have been a 4 game sweep.

Way, way too many missed opportunities and runners LOB.
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: No matter what happens tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppa View Post

I agree. Frustrating. I said after Saturday that we were "just a .500 team"...I see nothing to convince me otherwise right now. We're so close though.

Can't agree more. This Giants offense we just faced is anemic to say the least.
    Follow us on Twitter! @Redlegs_Review
    Link to my Reds blog http://redlegsreview.com/

Lets Party Like it's 1869

walks walks walks... and missed opportunities in tonight's game in particular (base running blunder by volquez not once but twice in a inning)

Remember at this moment at best this team is average. You can't expect an average team to get crucial hits when needed most. Not until Jocketty actually DOES SOMETHING

Agree. That was as disappointing a feeling of a 2-2 split as one get get.

Both Drew Stubbs and Joey Votto used the "F" word in frustration after back-to-back dumb base-running miscues by Volquez. He looked like some 8-year old during his first year in Little League out there. No excuse for either of those plays. Volquez lost that game sure as anybody did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Both Drew Stubbs and Joey Votto used the "F" word in frustration after back-to-back dumb base-running miscues by Volquez. He looked like some 8-year old during his first year in Little League out there. No excuse for either of those plays. Volquez lost that game sure as anybody did.
    I threw a couple more "colorful" words in there. Baserunning mistakes, walks, not getting a bunt down, and not scoring a run with a runner on third with less than two outs have that effect on my vocabulary.

Dude really needs to get his head together or get out of baseball. Too many mental lapses at this point to be a pro player.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Prime example for use of the DH.....and I'm not really a fan of the DH. I've come to the conclusion that all the teaching/coaching in the world won't help Volquez. He's either too dumb to understand or he's uncoachable.

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    Prime example for use of the DH.....and I'm not really a fan of the DH. I've come to the conclusion that all the teaching/coaching in the world won't help Volquez. He's either too dumb to understand or he's uncoachable.
    Yea, but who pitches him through his dumb mental farts throughout the game? DP?
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Some here slap around the Giants offense as being weak...yet they are in first place. Their offense last year wasn't super but it did what it had to do to get wins.

Lets Party Like it's 1869

they are sub par.. but they seem to come in the clutch when they really really need a run or two.

The season ebbs and flows, teams get hot then go through cold streaks. At one point this season the Brewers were 14-20, in 4th and 6.5 games back. One month later they are in 1st so anything is possible. That being said this season just has this feel like its not going to be the Reds year.

I agree, this really should have been a sweep. Bases loaded nobody out you need to score some runs.

Removing the dreadlocks didn't make him any smarter.

Turn Off Ads?