Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Anyone else exhausted from day games?

Anyone else exhausted from day games?

Went to today's Cubs game. The heat was almost too much to bear, I had to run for the cool zone underneath the Power Stacks a few times. I was smart enough to not drink any beer and just stuck to water. I think I might be done going to day games, the rest of the day is just shot because you are too tired and grimy to do anything. Anyone else feel the same way?
    As a player, this has to be exhausting, especially after playing the previous night.
    Last edited by jwmann2; 06-08-2011 at 10:44 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Re: Anyone else exhausted from day games?

It is rough. Imagine playing in it.

I guess there's nothing they could really do about it because you never have to worry about upper 90s in June in this part of the country... until now.

I wonder if future schedules cut down on the day games, or if they're too important for traveling needs of MLB teams.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Astroturf at places like Riverfront and Busch back in "the day" were dangerous.

The only reason I ever go to day games is because they're more travel friendly if you're in a city for just a day. And night games end late so travel of a few hours afterward isn't possible. I get your point though!

Day games are more travel friendly, you're right, you can come home right after. Parking in downtown Cincinnati was a nightmare on a busy mid-weekday during business hours.

What sucks is sitting in the heat, and THEN having a 2-2.5 hour car ride back home. Those are the worst.

I don't spend much time in my seat when it's really hot. I just hang in the concourse.

I hate day games.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    It is rough. Imagine playing in it.

I guess there's nothing they could really do about it because you never have to worry about upper 90s in June in this part of the country... until now.

I wonder if future schedules cut down on the day games, or if they're too important for traveling needs of MLB teams.
    I heard yesterday that NC has already tied the all time record for days over 90 this year, and its June 9.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

btw I hate 10pm west coast games too....ughh

Turn Off Ads?