Turn Off Ads?

Thread: this team just isn't that good

this team just isn't that good

Starting Pitching is the only area that's above average. Hitting is terrible along with the bullpen. The effort has been there but the talent to make plays just isn't and soon the effort won't be there either

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lets Party Like it's 1869

Re: this team just isn't that good

offense.. there is none

wait 2 weeks ago pitching sucked?

but yea i agree the problem with the offense imo is to many automatic outs

thats the problem, this ball club is sickly inconsistent on all aspects of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    Starting Pitching is the only area that's above average. Hitting is terrible along with the bullpen. The effort has been there but the talent to make plays just isn't and soon the effort won't be there either
    How is the bullpen terrible? As for the hitting, our problems is that we have no real option at leadoff, two key hitters (Stubbs/Bruce) are still very early in their careers and bound for swings of hottness and coldness. We have Phillips this season whom for whatever reason hasn't gotten on track and Votto who I think is pushing and not being pitched to. Then we have 3rd/LF and SS which are producing zilch and for whatever reason mag't refuses to address those positions. The team has talent, the problem is that there is no direction from mag't and a very questionable manager pulling the strings....

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    wait 2 weeks ago pitching sucked?

but yea i agree the problem with the offense imo is to many automatic outs
    Exactly, we just have too many guys that just aren't threats at all that are starting regularly. Hell I'm happy if Janish or Renteria can just get the ball into the outfield. It seems like all Hanigan does now is hit soft bloopers and grounders. And not to even mention our LF debacle...

If our usual sluggers are hitting like they are capable, it isn't as bad. But everyone seems to be in a funk right now. We need a couple guys to get hot and hope it's contagious.

We just got beat by anther teams back-ups. I don't care if it is the Yankees, You don't get beat by a B squad in your own house if your good.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    We just got beat by anther teams back-ups. I don't care if it is the Yankees, You don't get beat by a B squad in your own house if your good.
    we have like 3 d-f squads everyday

this team has zero passion right now.

It feels like they are just going through the motions.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

This team/players definitely has a different vibe this year.

Last year they had timely big hits. This year they are stinking up the place and have a lackadaisical attitude (it appears).

Boring and uninspiring to the fans. Yawn.

Can't wait for Bearcat Basketball to start. Preseason #8 in the country, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post

Boring and uninspiring to the fans. Yawn.
    SOOO true

Its sad really, my brother and I watched like every game or listened to it if possible.

Now, its so hard to even listen to it.

Its just boring.. like i said.. no drive, no passion, and no /Team/GM/Manger Urgency.
    Last edited by Spaxspore; 06-22-2011 at 05:29 PM.

I have felt that vibe from day one of the season, its like this team read its press clippings and just thought they could roll out there and automatically win 95 games. I am almost disinterested this season.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

A flawed team with a lot of holes. Not great, not terrible. They're on a collision course for .500, barring changes.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

From Fay's Blog:

I think you could see Zack Cozart in a Reds uniform by the time the club gets to Baltimore. I don’t know that for sure, but I get that sense.

Super Agent

O god we stink so bad, we aren't any good. How dare we only be 2 games back in the division before the All Star break! SMH. Reds fans suck. Sick of so called fans throwing every player under the bus, every other day. Grow up.

Turn Off Ads?