Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on Ludwick for Heisey (Discussion on ORG)

Re: Thoughts on Ludwick for Heisey (Discussion on ORG)

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/0...n-ludwick.html

Article today saying Reds have inquired about Ludwick.
    to me this comes down to something real simple. Is Ludwick in LF better then Gomes/Lewis platoon. If you think it is then you make that deal right now, if you don't you walk away. However "IF" the Reds are inquiring, and that is a HUGE IF, you then have to ask yourself...WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY WAITING ON?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Honestly, I'd do it. Heisey is a good 5th OF, but he's still not shown to be the LF of the future. Ludwick immediately can slide right into the #4/#5 hole and will easily OPS +.800 at GABP..not to mention he will want to exact some revenge on St Louis for giving him up for Jake effing Westbrook.
    Heisey is more valuable that Ludwick even if he just pinch hits.

Because Ludwick is no improvement over Gomes, Gomes has a higher OBP, SLG, & OPS.

Pinch hitters are not easy to come by and are needed badly

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Heisey is more valuable that Ludwick even if he just pinch hits.

Because Ludwick is no improvement over Gomes, Gomes has a higher OBP, SLG, & OPS.

Pinch hitters are not easy to come by and are needed badly
    Ludwick plays in an incredible pitchers park, Gomes players in an incredible hitters park. I will take my chances with Ludwick over Gomes anyday. Plus I will sacrafice Hesiey to get him.

Both perform better on the road than at home (Jonny bats 85 points higher on the road)

Plus Jonny has a better AWAY OPS that Ludwick

Jonny fields better, it just seems like a waste of money to get Ludwick. Use that money on a different trade

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

If I were management, I would stick Heisey in the starting lineup for 2 months (same leash Gomes got) and see what his overall stats are.

They did it with Jonny while he was hitting .185. I don't get why Heisey can't have the same timeframe to prove himself?

Oh yeah.......it's because Krusty Baker is the manager. Veteran creaminess.

quick question whats the differance between ludwick this year and jonny gomes last year?

Turn Off Ads?