Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 6/12/11: Reds @ Giants--Sunday Night Baseball

Re: 6/12/11: Reds @ Giants--Sunday Night Baseball

That was 3 inches low. Booo.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ump needs to change that ball. it has dirt on it.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

A guy with Wilsons stuff doesn't need anymore help.

I am not impressed with Heisey. Just FYI
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Just a horribly mediocre team. Too many holes to go on a run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Dusty will hail this as wonderful! A split on the road!

I suppose in a generic sense, we should be happy to win 2 out of 4 in San Francisco. We have certainly done worse.

However, given that we outscored the Giants 18-9 in the series, that we got 4 out of 4 quality starts, and that the Giants have four of their eight opening day position players on the DL ( Sandoval, Belt, Posey, and now Sanchez), we really should have won 3 out of 4 in this series.

We left too many on base, hit zero homers, and had poor bullpen work. All in all, I am not satisfied. With the Brewers and Cardinals in front of us by four to five games, this will be a dogfight. We simply need to play better and win these series.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Just a horribly mediocre team. Too many holes to go on a run.
    True. A banger in left and a shortstop would go a long way toward fixing things. And a manager who puts control-challenged pitchers in vital situations. Not mentioning any names. And that banger in left is not named Gomes, Heisey, or Lewis. That is all.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

It is June 12, 2011.

The Reds head out West and split a 4 game series with SF.

The Reds are 4.5 games out of first.

Fire away at me.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    It is June 12, 2011.

The Reds head out West and split a 4 game series with SF.

The Reds are 4.5 games out of first.

Fire away at me.
    Kal, no doubt you are correct, but it should have been a sweep if not for certain things. I know. That's baseball, but the truth is, this is not good enough. But who knows?
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Kal, no doubt you are correct, but it should have been a sweep if not for certain things. I know. That's baseball, but the truth is, this is not good enough. But who knows?
    What happens going forward is my focus. The pitching has stepped it up a notch the past week or so. The Reds do have a top-3 (at worst) offense in the league. If the pitching keeps it up, everything will be fine.

Mostly it was a good sports day to me. I won the press box race pool and Dallas beat the arogant Heat by couble figures. I'm richer, but the day was ruined when Volquez showed he has no baseball IQ (maybe all pitchers are like this?) and Dusty brought in a wild Arrendondo for the second time in this series to blow it open. Two games that should have been won. I guess 3 for 3 was too much to ask.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    I suppose in a generic sense, we should be happy to win 2 out of 4 in San Francisco. We have certainly done worse.

However, given that we outscored the Giants 18-9 in the series, that we got 4 out of 4 quality starts, and that the Giants have four of their eight opening day position players on the DL ( Sandoval, Belt, Posey, and now Sanchez), we really should have won 3 out of 4 in this series.

We left too many on base, hit zero homers, and had poor bullpen work. All in all, I am not satisfied. With the Brewers and Cardinals in front of us by four to five games, this will be a dogfight. We simply need to play better and win these series.
    The only thing to ever be happy about is well played baseball. Wins take care of themselves, and you do lose games. But you can expect to watch pro baseball. I'm not happy about the series. They played two terrible, unprofessional games. Had they played well for four games and lost two of them, I'd be fine. But they GAVE AWAY two games.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Mostly it was a good sports day to me. I won the press box race pool and Dallas beat the arogant Heat by couble figures. I'm richer, but the day was ruined when Volquez showed he has no baseball IQ (maybe all pitchers are like this?) and Dusty brought in a wild Arrendondo for the second time in this series to blow it open. Two games that should have been won. I guess 3 for 3 was too much to ask.
    Yep, a good day. I've headed to youtube and am watching the Lebron welcome party to Miami where they acted all cocky and were counting their championships before they hatched.

YouTube - ‪LeBron James On Winning Championships With Miami *Welcome Party*‬‏

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    The only thing to ever be happy about is well played baseball. Wins take care of themselves, and you do lose games. But you can expect to watch pro baseball. I'm not happy about the series. They played two terrible, unprofessional games. Had they played well for four games and lost two of them, I'd be fine. But they GAVE AWAY two games.
    Word and Amen. Those two losses are totally on the Cincinnati Reds. Beat me if you can, but don't givre it to the other team on bad decisions. Players and management both made very bad decisions.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?