Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Paul McCartney August 4th at GABP

La Dolce Vita

Re: Paul McCartney August 4th at GABP

i love you, paul! i love you, paul! i love you, sir paul!

thinking back and holding onto it tight, i'm maybe even more emotional about the concert now than i was thursday evening.

my husband noted as we left that he didn't want to go to anymore concerts, because this one can't be topped.

in this grumpy season of nasty economy, politics and heat, thank you very much Sir Paul for this wonderful respite, a concert that will make the summer of 2011 worth remembering..
    teach tolerance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop View Post
    thinking back and holding onto it tight, i'm maybe even more emotional about the concert now than i was thursday evening.

my husband noted as we left that he didn't want to go to anymore concerts, because this one can't be topped.
    Sums it up for me also. It wasn't just a concert, it was an experience.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Is there any hope that a DVD comes out of this show?
    It's possible. His show in Lima, Peru from this year has been made available there.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Only a couple of hiccups. I saw a review in the CSM of the Chicago show that said the coupling of A Day in the Life finished with John's Give Peace a Chance "felt crowbarred" and I would agree. Likewise, in one encore, he brought some folks on stage, four women dressed in Sgt Pepper jackets (ironically, 3 from the UK, 1 from Australia; go figure) was fairly lame. Both those were the only misses.
    I read the same article so I wasn't surprised when it happen and it wasn't as jarring as I thought it would be. Probably because A Day in the Life/Give Peace a Chance are not my top 2 or even top 20 favorite Beatles/John Lennon songs, so I was pretty meh about it overall. In other words, it didn't distract from my overall experience.

About the folks he brought up - I assumed at the concert that he did that at every venue - but he doesn't. Went to his website fan forum and some were ticked because he didn't invite fans up in NYC and Chicago, so I guess it's not part of the show. When I left some fans were getting their picture taken with the women. (BTW, the fan forum on McCartney's site has some pretty die-hard fans or super fans who follow him on tour, some even know the tour manager personally. I wouldn't be surprised if the four women were super fans who had the money for the travel/tickets plus understanding significant others and jobs to be able to do that.) What did you think of the lady who had Paul sign her arm/shoulder (she later had it made into a tattoo)? I thought it was pretty cool despite not being that crazy about tattoos in general.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    I make this happen, she may dig me more than Paul by the end of the night!!

If the chick digged you more than Paul after Thursday night, you must be something!
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

If the chick digged you more than Paul after Thursday night, you must be something!
    She bailed on me (long story).

Her loss.

I'm sure Paul will glean songs from this entire North American tour for a CD (almost used album here.... showing my age)

My McCartney catalog is probably one of the most extensive. I have every one of his "solo" albums and numerous rarities ta boot.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I'm sure Paul will glean songs from this entire North American tour for a download (almost used album here.... showing my age)
    There. You showed more of your age.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

I read the same article so I wasn't surprised when it happen and it wasn't as jarring as I thought it would be. Probably because A Day in the Life/Give Peace a Chance are not my top 2 or even top 20 favorite Beatles/John Lennon songs, so I was pretty meh about it overall. In other words, it didn't distract from my overall experience.

About the folks he brought up - I assumed at the concert that he did that at every venue - but he doesn't. Went to his website fan forum and some were ticked because he didn't invite fans up in NYC and Chicago, so I guess it's not part of the show. When I left some fans were getting their picture taken with the women. (BTW, the fan forum on McCartney's site has some pretty die-hard fans or super fans who follow him on tour, some even know the tour manager personally. I wouldn't be surprised if the four women were super fans who had the money for the travel/tickets plus understanding significant others and jobs to be able to do that.) What did you think of the lady who had Paul sign her arm/shoulder (she later had it made into a tattoo)? I thought it was pretty cool despite not being that crazy about tattoos in general.
    I wasn't terribly put off by the mosh of DITL/GPAC - it just seemed a bit forced. A tiny off note to an otherwise fantastic concert.

I liked the signing thing. As you know, he'd mentioned the signs earlier in the show. My only thought after he signed her back shoulder was what the heck were they going to do with that? Never thought about making it permanent via a tatoo and that was brilliant.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

La Dolce Vita

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I wasn't terribly put off by the mosh of DITL/GPAC - it just seemed a bit forced. A tiny off note to an otherwise fantastic concert.
    "a bit forced. a tiny off note" ? here's this great big beautiful concert....why nitpick at all?

just teasin', rm. like being surrounded by the glow of a new love, i guess i don't want to hear any criticism of my perfect lover.
    teach tolerance.

Here's the band.

Guitarist Rusty Anderson: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rusty_Anderson

Drummer Abe Laboriel, Jr.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abe_Laboriel_Jr.

Rhythm Guitarist and Bass Brian Ray: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Ray

Keyboardist Paul Wickens: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Wickens

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I'm sure Paul will glean songs from this entire North American tour for a CD (almost used album here.... showing my age)

My McCartney catalog is probably one of the most extensive. I have every one of his "solo" albums and numerous rarities ta boot.
    I use the word "album"....

I also have a record player, and vinyl records that my parents' used to own. I love the sound of vinyl.

I have Wings Over America from '76 (I think)....3 record set!

I don't know if they will release it...but i have a very good recording from that night if anybody is interested.

Also have come into a 2 DVD set of the show, if anybody is interested. This is not clips just grabbed from Youtube.

Turn Off Ads?