Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Play Heisey More

Play Heisey More

Hopefully Dusty reads RZ. I think it's time.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Play Heisey More

The curious case of Chris Heisey...

Code:
    Split 	G 	GS 	PA 	AB 	R 	H 	2B 	3B 	HR 	RBI 	SB 	CS 	BB 	SO 	BA 	OBP 	SLG 	OPS 	TB 	GDP 	HBP 	SH 	SF 	IBB 	ROE 	BAbip 	tOPS+
    Start 	16 	16 	67 	57 	7 	11 	2 	0 	1 	9 	2 	1 	7 	16 	.193 	.299 	.281 	.579 	16 	0 	2 	0 	1 	0 	2 	.244 	53 	65
    Sub 	40 	0 	49 	44 	9 	17 	1 	0 	3 	12 	1 	0 	3 	11 	.386 	.408 	.614 	1.022 	27 	0 	0 	0 	2 	1 	0 	.438 	162 	221
    Career

Code:
    Split 	G 	GS 	PA 	AB 	R 	H 	2B 	3B 	HR 	RBI 	SB 	CS 	BB 	SO 	BA 	OBP 	SLG 	OPS 	TB 	GDP 	HBP 	SH 	SF 	IBB 	ROE 	BAbip 	tOPS+
    Start 	58 	58 	242 	214 	31 	47 	10 	0 	5 	22 	3 	3 	18 	62 	.220 	.299 	.336 	.635 	72 	2 	7 	1 	2 	1 	4 	.282 	68
    Sub 	95 	0 	100 	88 	18 	32 	3 	1 	7 	20 	1 	0 	8 	22 	.364 	.410 	.659 	1.069 	58 	1 	1 	0 	3 	1 	0 	.403 	177
    I really don't know what to make out of this. I think that Hesiey is likely a .770-.800 bat going forward, but these splits are pretty intense.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have to add this: I'm not a big fan of any of the LF options, beyond "who's hot lately" or "who has a good matchup today." I think that LF is a key place to make a large-scope improvement, but I'm not sure if Heisey is or is not the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished

Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    The base you want to acquire is home.

I for one would like to see Heisey start about 10 games in a row, just to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I for one would like to see Heisey start about 10 games in a row, just to see what happens.
    He had some bulk playing time last year and failed miserably. This year could be different, though.

But last night was a step in the right direction. If he doesn't want to be known as the 6th man, he needs to take advantage of his opportunities.

One thing to note on his career splits are the babip numbers.

No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I for one would like to see Heisey start about 162 games in a row, just to see what happens.
    Fixed that for ya.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar

I for one have always been jazzed about the idea of a Heisey-Stubbs-Bruce OF going forward. Not sure why more people aren't with me on that. Or maybe they are and I'm just neurotic.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Heisey -- Stubbs -- Bruce....that outfield is pretty impressive defensively
    For Love of the Game

"If you aren't first; you're last"

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Heisey is the new Denorfia. Low draft pick, good minor league record. Runs well (better %than stubbs in minors), plays good D and has some pop.

Like Deno, he has some staunch supporters and detractors and never could get the FO or manager to believe in him.

Deno has performed well when healthy (.766 OPS career .805 this year). His problem has been staying healthy.

Heisey (and previoulsy Deno) would be fine by me.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Heisey of the three choices for left is the best one. But I'm afraid if he played every day that his warts would show. To me he just looks like a 4th outfielder. Like Oneupper said he another Denorfia with maybe just a little more power.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I have been wanting him to get a shot all year. Maybe this is it. He's going to have to get hot I think for Dusty to play him. There is a love for Gomes so it will be hard for any long term full time position, but as long as he takes the other LF starts I'm excited.
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

Worth The Wait

I agree with others that Heisy's ceiling is probably as a very good 4th OF'er, buy "probably" is the key word there. We know for sure what we have in Gomes and Lewis, the only way we find out for sure about Heisy is consistent starts. Considering the other two are underwhelming, now is the perfect time for Heisy to get a legitimate look.

I'd like the Reds to get a legit LF with Heisey as the fourth outfielder. He'd still get plenty of playing time.

With Stubbs striking out in epic proportions these days, I think we'll see Heisey play some CF soon. Stubbs needs a rest IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I'd like the Reds to get a legit LF with Heisey as the fourth outfielder. He'd still get plenty of playing time.

With Stubbs striking out in epic proportions these days, I think we'll see Heisey play some CF soon. Stubbs needs a rest IMO.
    Yeah that .850 OPS in June really needs to take a seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Yeah that .850 OPS in June really needs to take a seat.

Guy is striking out more and more. I think he needs a couple of days off and will come back with a vengeance.

It's not a knock on Stubbs, who I like, but IMO he is pressing at the plate and needs a little time to re-group.

Turn Off Ads?