Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Bruce need help

Does Bruce need help

Looks like he is going backwards this month.
    Is batting 4th the right spot for him with really no one to back him up ?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Does Bruce need help

Bruce had 2 really good weeks and that is it

.228 April
    .255 1st 2 weeks of May
    .429 2nd 2 weeks of May
    .250 So far in June

I think people just jumped on the bandwagon a little to fast

2 weeks does not make a good season

I have always stated that JB is a free swinger and that is it. His problem is that his mind is made up well before the pitch is in his wheelhouse....Take Joey for example, Joey will start his swing and have several "check swings" each and every AB....whereas JB will have very few......I had a hitting coach in college tell me that the best hitters make the decision to swing in less than a tenth of a second...Now, I am not saying JB is a bad hitter, I am just saying that he needs to take a little off his swing and look for the hit as opposed to looking for the hard hit.....I would rather he get a few less bombs and a few more hits....

just one mans opinion of watching him these last few years...let me ask yall this.....how mant times have you seen Jay swing and miss and the ball bounce in front of the plate? Now how many times have you seen any other Reds player do that? just saying.

I sat in the scout seats 2 years ago and talked to scout from the Royals....very nice guy and very friendly...he commented more than once that his report of JB was to throw him curve balls in the dirt and let him chase them all.....I do think he has gotten better about that over the years, but its pretty obvious he has a issue with making the decision to swing a little to early....with that said, he still is a scary part of our lineup.

I wonder sometimes if God gave Votto and others a little more(eyesight,reaction,arms,strength,etc.)or they just worked for it.Very hard for me to evaluate without knowing individuals personally,and then?

NL Central champs

Some players are just very streaky and you can't really explain it, Jay Bruce is one of those players.

Also isn't Votto like 2 years olders thus a little more expereinced?

I wonder if we could trade for any really old left handed outfielders who might be able to mentor him.... hmmm, if only one knew where one of those was....

Jay Bruce doesn't need help...at least not from us.

I think JB was just super hot in may and now is coming back down to earth. However, may was a great glimpse in the tremendous talent he has and what he is capable of. I hope he can keep playing on that level and i think that he eventually will. As for the left handed hitter to mentor him.....why not just watch the man batting ahead of you Mr. MVP?

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Bruce had 2 really good weeks and that is it

.228 April
    .255 1st 2 weeks of May
    .429 2nd 2 weeks of May
    .250 So far in June

I think people just jumped on the bandwagon a little to fast

2 weeks does not make a good season
    Yeah, if you ignore the 6 BB, 6 HR and 9 RBI from those first two weeks of May. BA isn't the only stat in the universe.

Jay Bruce is fine. He's learning how to adjust to NL pitcher's adjustments to him and he'll get back on a tear in a few weeks. Then you can all slap yourselves in the head again just like in May.

This is a joke thread right?

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    This is a joke thread right?
    Hey,I think Bruce is OK.What a difference now against lefties,compared to before.I'm on his side,he's progressing.

Bruce always needed help, either from Robin or Alfred the Butler, or some Good Samaritan on the street.

He probably didn't until Dusty benched him the other night. Are you kidding me? Talk about messing with a young players psyche. Bruce has killed the ball this year and been one of the top players in baseball.

I say bench him and play Jonny Gomes in Left and Right Field!

Turn Off Ads?