Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Dodgers 6-15

Re: Reds @ Dodgers 6-15

Looked like a weak lineup at the start but they all have hit the ball nicely. Even Renteria had a hit

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    In just 4 innings, seven players have reached base off of Wood by either an error, hitbatsman, or a walk. It's amazing he's only given up the one run.
    Well 4 have been via the walk (1 was intentional) and I believe our man Edgar has 2 errors allowing 2 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Nice to see you stop by to mention that Walt should be fired lol.

That was Heisey's ball and he made it a lot harder on Renteria by charging in at the end. I know Renteria's glove sucks but I put that one more on Heisey...he wasn't even talking when coming in, your CF needs to be vocal and take that catch.
    The point still is Edgar has no business on this team when you have better talent in our organization. This isn't the last decade, we actually have very good talented players in our system.

Woods been lucky to get out of every inning. his pitch count has to be getting up there

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    Woods been lucky to get out of every inning. his pitch count has to be getting up there
    87 after 4, will probably be done after 5 which is unacceptable.

Somebody needs to tell Heisey, that just because he is replacing Stubbs does not mean he needs to impersonate him with all the Ks.

Is Heisey going to get the "Golden Sombrero"?

Can Wood get through five innings so he can get the win? It may take him 114 pitches to do so.

at least he got through 5. we might get 6 out of him, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    at least he got through 5. we might get 6 out of him, I dunno.
    He should be tossed out there for another. He's got to learn to be more efficient, and learn to pitch when he's tired. Dusty knows this and will use the 6th inning as a teaching tool for Wood. Let him labor and grow as a pitcher. Dusty is always trying to do this with his younger pitchers. Sometimes they fail and they get hit...and perhaps that's why he makes so many in-inning changes.

I really like the job Dusty Baker has been doing this season. Where I wanted Rick Sweet over Dusty during the off-season, I only want Baker to be the Manager now for the next couple of seasons.

He should be tossed out there for another. He's got to learn to be more efficient, and learn to pitch when he's tired. Dusty knows this and will use the 6th inning as a teaching tool for Wood. Let him labor and grow as a pitcher. Dusty is always trying to do this with his younger pitchers. Sometimes they fail and they get hit...and perhaps that's why he makes so many in-inning changes.

I really like the job Dusty Baker has been doing this season. Where I wanted Rick Sweet over Dusty during the off-season, I only want Baker to be the Manager now for the next couple of seasons.
    Your kidding right? What is the reason for a bullpen? The idea is to win the game, let the learning happen in the bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Your kidding right? What is the reason for a bullpen? The idea is to win the game, let the learning happen in the bullpen.
    As you get older, you'll understand how Starters have to learn how to pitch in situations, too. I know it's hard for someone only 14 years old to understand this, but you will as you get older.

Can Wood get through five innings so he can get the win? It may take him 114 pitches to do so.
    Like I said, 114 pitches is fine.

6IP, 1 run. Beautifully pitched, Travis!

Just started watching the game. Those unis are as nice as any that the Reds currently wear.

Turn Off Ads?