Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I noticed that there were a fair number of Reds fans at Dodger Stadium

I noticed that there were a fair number of Reds fans at Dodger Stadium

Big props go to the fanbase. I wasn't at any of the games, but from looking on TV, I was pretty surprised at how many Reds fans appeared to be there.

In my travels to various baseball stadiums (Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Boston, San Diego, New York), I've always been pleasantly surprised at how many Reds fans were present, so I guess this shouldn't have come as a surprise. I've also seen them in Philly, but there were barely any Reds fans there.

So, yeah, carry on. Just thought it was kinda cool to see all the red today

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I noticed that there were a fair number of Reds fans at Dodger Stadium

‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    I guess that makes us all bloods, then

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

The Reds nailed the color when they made it back in the day, people wear our hats for the color a lot too. They you have the gang thing. Then you have fans. I've stopping asking people I see with the hat on around here if they're fans, they almost never are, it usually just goes with the shoes or shirt they're wearing. What can you do, MLB makes a quality product.

Anyone at the stadium wearing the hat is a fan though, which is cool. The Dodgers and Reds did go at each other hard in the past, at one time, from what I understand, it was one of, if not the best, rivalry in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    The Reds nailed the color when they made it back in the day, people wear our hats for the color a lot too. They you have the gang thing. Then you have fans. I've stopping asking people I see with the hat on around here if they're fans, they almost never are, it usually just goes with the shoes or shirt they're wearing. What can you do, MLB makes a quality product.

Anyone at the stadium wearing the hat is a fan though, which is cool. The Dodgers and Reds did go at each other hard in the past, at one time, from what I understand, it was one of, if not the best, rivalry in the country.
    Tsk Tsk Tsk.. Not a good idea, if you ask me.. We don't want this to happen again:

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6280485
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    Tsk Tsk Tsk.. Not a good idea, if you ask me.. We don't want this to happen again:

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6280485
    OK...as a Dodger season ticket holder let me clear some things up here Los Angeles is clearly America's contemporary melting pot. Those that were actually born and raised in Los Angeles are highly out-numbered by transplants especially in the central core area of Hollywood. It's VERY common to see an abundance of hats from the visiting team in Chavez Ravine. In the end it's a chance for those transplants to savor a little bit of home and show folks where exactly there from. I wore a Reds cap for the first couple of years here and managed to not only run into a lot of fellow Cincinnatians but even managed to develop some new friends.

As to the violence at Chavez. Unfortunately this was an incident bound to happen and the makes of which have been brewing over the last ten years. Those that experienced Dodger Stadium in the old days know it WAS perhaps one of if not THE best place in America to see a game. I lived in Chicago and Dodger Stadium on (Vin Scully would open his broadcast with this) one of "those" beautiful days here in Los Angeles has Wrigley hands down. The neighborhood however unfortunately has been steadily declining and grown more and more violent over the last decade. Some nights the park in the cheaper seats is uncomfortably FULL of local thugs. They've even taken to showing a clip of Tommy LaSorda pleading for family-like behavior before the game. I've never sensed immediate personal danger but some nights you just feel like it wouldn't take much and you certainly don't wanna be giving anyone in the parking lot a reason to vent their violence. I would caution that this behavior is decidedly not a "Los Angeles" phenom. There simply can't be a more fan friendly and gentle place to see a game than the Angels park. It's just happenstance as to where Dodger Stadium was built.

The San Fransisco fan who was so badly beaten was beaten because he crossed paths with a neighborhood thug who was simply looking for violence. It had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the Giants, Dodgers or fan rivalries. I can safely bet my bottom dollar the thug was/is NOT a baseball fan. Nothing in fact to do with baseball except of course they both happen to be in Chavez parking lot. If it weren't the San Fransisco fan it would have been someone else (some other victim) latter that day.

And so continues the very sad journey of the Los Angeles Dodgers

thorn

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
    OK...as a Dodger season ticket holder let me clear some things up here Los Angeles is clearly America's contemporary melting pot. Those that were actually born and raised in Los Angeles are highly out-numbered by transplants especially in the central core area of Hollywood. It's VERY common to see an abundance of hats from the visiting team in Chavez Ravine. In the end it's a chance for those transplants to savor a little bit of home and show folks where exactly there from. I wore a Reds cap for the first couple of years here and managed to not only run into a lot of fellow Cincinnatians but even managed to develop some new friends.

As to the violence at Chavez. Unfortunately this was an incident bound to happen and the makes of which have been brewing over the last ten years. Those that experienced Dodger Stadium in the old days know it WAS perhaps one of if not THE best place in America to see a game. I lived in Chicago and Dodger Stadium on (Vin Scully would open his broadcast with this) one of "those" beautiful days here in Los Angeles has Wrigley hands down. The neighborhood however unfortunately has been steadily declining and grown more and more violent over the last decade. Some nights the park in the cheaper seats is uncomfortably FULL of local thugs. They've even taken to showing a clip of Tommy LaSorda pleading for family-like behavior before the game. I've never sensed immediate personal danger but some nights you just feel like it wouldn't take much and you certainly don't wanna be giving anyone in the parking lot a reason to vent their violence. I would caution that this behavior is decidedly not a "Los Angeles" phenom. There simply can't be a more fan friendly and gentle place to see a game than the Angels park. It's just happenstance as to where Dodger Stadium was built.

The San Fransisco fan who was so badly beaten was beaten because he crossed paths with a neighborhood thug who was simply looking for violence. It had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the Giants, Dodgers or fan rivalries. I can safely bet my bottom dollar the thug was/is NOT a baseball fan. Nothing in fact to do with baseball except of course they both happen to be in Chavez parking lot. If it weren't the San Fransisco fan it would have been someone else (some other victim) latter that day.

And so continues the very sad journey of the Los Angeles Dodgers
    Yesterday was my first Dodgers game, and I felt safe inside the stadium, even a few Dodgers fans chatted about how bad the incident made them look. I felt bad for them as most fans are just fans, some are just thugs. Glad I went, but I will say this, that parking lot is a JOKE, and the stadium is overblown. I sat along the right field line, the stadium seemed blahh to me, nothing special about it. Beer was $11 or $10 if you want a light, way overpriced. Parking was $15 for general admission and with the distance you walk, especially park lot 10, I can see how easy it is to get jumped if someone really wanted to start something.

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    Yesterday was my first Dodgers game, and I felt safe inside the stadium, even a few Dodgers fans chatted about how bad the incident made them look. I felt bad for them as most fans are just fans, some are just thugs. Glad I went, but I will say this, that parking lot is a JOKE, and the stadium is overblown. I sat along the right field line, the stadium seemed blahh to me, nothing special about it. Beer was $11 or $10 if you want a light, way overpriced. Parking was $15 for general admission and with the distance you walk, especially park lot 10, I can see how easy it is to get jumped if someone really wanted to start something.
    The parking lot is a joke and McCourt has been cornered about this for as long as I can remember.

As far as prices go remember that L.A. is an expensive place to live. That said most salaries in the general Hollywood production circles can support those prices and MUCH. MUCH more. It's like comparing housing prices. You can't use one city's barometer for the other. That simply an unfair comparison to Great American BP. The experience costs roughly the same in both parks all things considered.

As to the ballpark itself, it absolutely can be a chameleon. That's why it's so cool to hear Vin begin his broadcasts with "it's one of those days here at Dodger Stadium. Also the Dodger color scheme doesn't always work well in contrasting the field. The pastels of green and blue don't work well on hazy days. It also is by today's standard an old park. The concession area is narrow and crowded and stair wells are the primary way between levels. I'd certainly take GABP over Dodger Stadium for convenience and consistency but when it's one of "those" days nothing beats Dodger Stadium...at least in the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post

I saw a UNC football player with a Reds hat on the other day so went and asked if he was a Reds fan, he replied not really, from Indy so kind of a fan if he had to pick a team, but mostly just liked the hat.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Arriving late for my only Reds game there,I remember exiting a cab to huge applause from the stadium.I knew then it would be a long night for the Redlegs.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

I went to both Tuesday's and Wednesday's games. Lots ( i mean lots and lots) of security and police in the stadium and parking lot. Parking here has always been nasty as the stadium was built in 1962 and the population has grown immensely. No where else to build roads. I saw quite a few in Reds garb. Fans seemed well behaved to me. Some fun from a fan behind me teasing about the Reds...but just in fun. Dodger tickets have gotten super expensive. Ticket brokers buy up a lot...but because of the Dodger problems on and off the field, they are only getting around 30,000 a night unless there is a promotion. They used to put 40-50,000 a night in here, but not now. If you wait until the last few days before a game, you can get good deals. I bought two $130 each tickets for $100 total. Right behind home plate. Stadium is starting to look its age, but some of that maybe because of lack of maintenance due to McCourts' money problems. Still much nicer than the last couple of years at Candlestick Park. What a dirty pit that was.

Turn Off Ads?