Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 2 games back

2 games back

I would have taken that as they got on the plane for the left coast last week.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2 games back

June is the month that seperates the contenders from the pretenders hence why Cleveland is imploding. We'll see where the Reds are after this month.

Lets Party Like it's 1869

good start to the month.. no doubt.

See where the team is after we get through these upcoming AL bugers

But, but, but I thought the season was already over, we have Dusty, no chance, etc.?
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

The fact is the Reds have struggled big time and we have dealt with all kinds of injuries, however we are still 2 games back. Let's get healthy and make a few smart decisions on our position players and we should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    But, but, but I thought the season was already over, we have Dusty, no chance, etc.?
    As they say, things are never as bad or as good as they seem.

I for one am still worried as we go forward, but not nearly as worried thanks to the pitching coming around.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I guess everyone is content either almost making the playoffs or backing into them with probably the worst playoff team in either the NL or AL.

I prefer to improve the team so that if they do make the playoffs, they can contend.

Seems like management is pulling a Mike Brown, and hoping to just make the playoffs to appease the fanbase, while not expecting to win when they get there.

Improvements to the roster need made.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I guess everyone is content either almost making the playoffs or backing into them with probably the worst playoff team in either the NL or AL.

I prefer to improve the team so that if they do make the playoffs, they can contend.

Seems like management is pulling a Mike Brown, and hoping to just make the playoffs to appease the fanbase, while not expecting to win when they get there.

Improvements to the roster need made.
    yes, i stated something similar to this in yesterdays game thread. Even if this team still makes the playoffs they will most likely get swept. Not enough consistent bats in this lineup to put fear into good pitching, and while the Starting pitching has been better the bullpen hasn't been that great outside of Cordero

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    yes, i stated something similar to this in yesterdays game thread. Even if this team still makes the playoffs they will most likely get swept. Not enough consistent bats in this lineup to put fear into good pitching, and while the Starting pitching has been better the bullpen hasn't been that great outside of Cordero
    Yes, I agree but it's not as easy to obtain good bats/players as people think. You may say what about guys like Cozart, Yonder, Frazier, Etc. What have those guys proven at the major league level? I don't think that it would be fair to either those players or current Reds to throw in guys who have very little or no major league experience onto a team in the middle of a divisional race. Don't mistake this for me saying that those players aren't better or won't be better than what the Reds currently have, but that the grass isn't always greener on the other side when you are talking about unproven minor leaguers.

I'm all for getting ourselves into the playoffs and worrying about our chances to advance once we get there. No one thought the 90 team had a chance either.

Turn Off Ads?